Home Selling in Pittsburgh>Question Details

knogs2000, Home Seller in Farmington Hills, MI

My realtor placed my house on the MLS site last week. I'm a little nervous that there has been no interest yet. Is Easter week a slow period?

Asked by knogs2000, Farmington Hills, MI Wed Mar 27, 2013

Answers

9
I am not sure when elementary schools in your area have Spring break. That is traditionally a week when many agents and families are away to warmer climates.
That does not mean there are not Buyers shopping.
Spring temperatures will bring many Buyers out.

There are several ways to check how much traffic to expect to view your home. The first is how many homes are selling in your area? How does your price compare and how does your home compare to those that are selling?

If your Realtor syndicates, have him/her check the stats of how many views the home is getting. They can also give you statistics on recent listings, contracts and closings.

Relax, think positive, and make it easy for Buyers to see your home on short notice.
Good Luck with you sale,
Rita
Some holidays can be a bit slow, but I am actually showing a few on Easter as the market is active. The price of your home might be too high and therefore, people just passing over the listing.
The first thing you should do is speak wiht YOUR Agent. He/she is representing you and knows your situation better then anyone commenting here.

Comments made about how fast homes are selling are true in some areas. But in other areas things may be a bit slower and not knowing where your property is located we should not speculate about activity in that area.

I have been selling real estate for 36 years and from my experience this holiday weekend can be a very active time for the Pittsburgh area real estate market. People are off work, people are in town visiting family and the Spring market is in full swing so there may be more activity.

As Tara Lang commented earlier in this discussion, "Usually no interest means one thing - price is too high".

I suggest you call your agent and discuss your concerns.
Something is up. I have not seen a slow down in the market, due to Passover or Easter. I think that you should check to be sure that the photos that are attached to the listing are good photos, and reconsider the price, in comparison with other similar properties in your area that have sold.
Holidays can be a bit slow. Keep in mind that every house has a price at which it will sell. It always depends on how quickly you need to move. Sometimes people have a price point in mind and will not accept less. But if you need to move in a timely manner, you may need to be merciless with yourself when it comes to the price.
Real Estate slows down when Holidays approach. Give it a week or two. If there is no activity on your home then talk with your realtor. Your home may be over priced and buyers do not look at over priced homes. Price, Condition, & location is the key in selling any home. Good luck!
Usually no interest means one thing - price is too high.
Usually the first week you will get a lot of activity on the home. However, I have noticed a bit of a slow down on showing on some of my listings this week. If activity does not pick up soon then you may want to rethink the price of your home. If buyers think your home is overpriced, they won't take the time to visit. Other things to consider is the curb appeal, do you need to do any updates to your home to attact buyers and are there currently photos of your home online and if so how do they look? You can also ask your agent to do an open house. An open house doesn't always bring a buyer but at least it may provide you with some feedback on why your home isn't getting any showings. Good luck!
Thanks for posting your question on Trulia.com!

hmmm....I am in Pittsburgh and you would definitely have interest within a week here. As a matter of fact we have some that are selling in hours.