tybojai, Home Buyer in Santa Clarita, CA

My name is Ty. I was just wondering if I should wait a little longer to put my property on the market? I see that inventory is down,price moving up.

Asked by tybojai, Santa Clarita, CA Mon Apr 29, 2013

Answers

13
The market conditions are ideal for a seller and this is honestly the perfect time to LIST! Best of luck Ty and if you need anything please reach out to me! Have a great week!

For more info visit- http://www.AlexLAEstates.com or follow me on http://www.facebook.com/AlexLAEstates
I just saw your website...great work Alex!
Flag Fri May 3, 2013
I agree!
Flag Wed May 1, 2013
There are so many factors as to whether you should sell or not. Why you would want to sell is one of them.
It is definitely a seller's market but that does not mean you should sell. Most Realtors will tell you, you should but if you want honest answers give me a call.
Web Reference: http://www.LauraCoffey.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 5, 2013
Hello Ty,
Inventory IS down all over and the buyers are out in number looking at what is available. IF you price your home competitively for this market, you should sell fairly quickly.
Ty, all I can speak to are the real estate issues... you also have your own personal reasons to factor in. A little more information would be helpful. Why are you looking to sell? What is your ultimate outcome?

On the real estate side, we are (and have been for the past ~18 months) in an appreciating market in the SCV. There are no signs that this will change in the near future. Having said that, like the phrase goes: "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Which points us back to your personal reasons, risk tolerance, etc. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss further.

Dan Andrizzi
661.904.3736
daniel.andrizzi@gmail.com
Hi Ty:

The decision to sell a home always boils down to your motivation. A personal life event like an employment change or a new addition to the family could create a strong motivation to move now. If your personal motivation to move is less strong, then the potential sales price of your home would be the strongest motivation.

There is no question that prices are currently rising, and that is a direct result of a lack of inventory, and pent up buyer demand. The demand is high because buyer's are trying to take advantage of historically low interest rates. If the economy improves enough that the FED decides to start raising interest rates, the buyer pool will start to decrease based on the level of rate increase. This will have a direct effect on the number of buyers going after your home, and therefore the price they are willing to pay.

Based on the above reasoning, your decision to sell is based on your level of risk tolerance. No one can reasonably predict the continued rise in the market or how long it will last. However, the realtor you choose can help you manage that risk if they are tuned in to changes in the market.

My opinion is that a large percentage of market activity happens during the warmer months of the year. With high demand, very low interest rates and a continued low inventory the prices will continue to rise in Santa Clarita until one of these market factors change. Also, it is taking a little time for appraisal values to catch up with the outlandish offers that buyers are making.

Based on the above information, I suggest that you wait until later in the spring or the early summer to list your home to maximize all of these factors. Whether you wait longer depends on that risk tolerance, as a certain percentage of the buyers will fall off as we get into the fall and winter months.

I hope this information is helpful and am happy to discuss your feedback or comments at a mutually convenient time.

Thanks and have a great day!

Eddie Momeny
Realty Executives
661-860-1408
emomeny@gmail.com
Ty, this question is being asked quite often with the current real estate boom. The answer, in my opinion is quite simple and can be answered when you answer a couple of questions. Why would you sell at this time? What would you do with the proceeds? What are the tax implications? There is no urgency to sell in my community, Santa Clarita, Valencia, Stevenson Ranch, Saugus, Castaic, Newhall, Canyon Country and Newhall as the future is bright and demand seems to be growing with every passing day. The only reasons to sell here are financially, move up, downsize, relocation and family matters. Give me a call for a market evaluation of your home and to discuss whether selling at this time makes sense for you. I can help list your home or find a Realtor that works like me in another community!

Tony Lewis * RE/MAX of Valencia Cell - 661-510-7945
Web Reference: http://www.TonyLewis.com
Ty, I misspelled the name of my website: http://www.calsunmortgage.com in my previous answer.
Mitchell
Hi Ty, I just closed the escrow, and we sold that house for $315,000. Before opening of the escrow we ran the comps and we came with the value of $280,000, my Buyer was really comcerned, and seller was agreeing with the Buyer to reduce the price in the escrow to the appraised value. After a two weeks being in escrow, the appraisal came out at $340,000 - to everybody's surprise. The market is moving very fast and is converting from the Buyer's market into the Seller's. I do both: sales and financing, that's why my transactions are always closed on time and without any problems. Please visit my websites: http://www.calsunmoertgage.com and http://www.mimrfealty.com. I am the broker and the owner of CalSun Mortgage and Mim Realty.

Mitchell Lubinsky, 310-266-9194, mi91356@gmail.com
No one knows what the future will bring. Housing values rise and fall depending upon a wide number of factors, interest rates, jobs, mortgage regulations, etc.

Now is a really good time to sell. I can't however say what tomorrow will bring.

Whatever you decide, best of luck.
Hi Ty,
Now is a great time to consider all of your options especially with extremely low inventories, homeowners are are netting top dollar for their homes. My last listing in Stevenson Ranch was sold before I listed it, my sellers sold for top dollar! You asked about timing the sale of your home, there are important questions that need to be asked that will help me answer your questions. I would like the opportunity to sit down with you, formulate a plan, earn your business.

Jennifer Ricco Re/Max of Santa Clarita
Think of two considerations:
While your house is appreciating, so also is the next house you are going to buy.
While the Selling price is going UP, so might Interest Rates.

But, not a bad situation to be in.
It's a sellers market that's for sure and if your home is priced right you may receive numerous offers. However, your question depends on once you find out how much your house might be worth if that is an amount you can settle with. I would be able to provide you a free analysis if you'd like, email me your address and I can get that to you within an hour...moore3901@gmail.com.
Good Afternoon,

Right now is a wonderful time to put your home on the market. Most homes are selling with multiple offers above list price. There are many buyers looking and not enough homes on the market. I would love the opportunity to provide you with a detailed assessment of your homes current value.