Home Selling in 76103>Question Details

Eramz76, Other/Just Looking in 76103

My mom and brother own a home. Can we sell without his signature.?

Asked by Eramz76, 76103 Mon Jul 6, 2009

We havent seen or spoken to him in a year and we arent able to locate him.What can we do? They are both on the deed.

Help the community by answering this question:


You will need to speak with an Attorney.

The Deed will not convey Clear Title, which makes it almost impossible to sell your house.

If the brother cannot be located, it may take a Court Order to get brother's name off the Deed.

Best wishes to you,
2 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 6, 2009
You will have to bite the bullet and find him. Once you are in contact you can have him sign a power of attorney to take care of the sale without him.

A Realtor will not list the property without all co-owners consent.

Any title company can supply you the standard POA form for him to have executed and notarized, but you cannot sell his undivided interest in the property without his permission.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 7, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer