Tom, Home Seller in 01830

My listing states ADDRESS NOT DISCLOSED while others do not. How can I get my address listed like the others?

Asked by Tom, 01830 Thu Apr 3, 2008

Answers

5
Tom,

MLS regulations prohibit the display of a property's address unless you are registered on that particular web site. Site such as Realtor.com, Homes.com, Boston.com etc. never display addresses because they are not owned by a licensed real estate broker, and are designed to send potential buyers directly to the listing agent for more information (including addresses).

Your address is available to anyone who is registered with a real estate agent or broker, which includes most SERIOUS home buyers. You don't want the browsers and just curious peolple anyway.

Good luck with your sale. It's going to be a great spring for both buyers and (serious) sellers of real estate.

Jim
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 3, 2008
Tom speak with your agent. Where is the listing posted that you are referring to? I am sure it is listed in the MLS. Whoever posted it would have the control over how it is posted. Sometimes websites do that to force you to contact their agents.

Larry Story
Coldwell Banker Triad
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 3, 2008
Tom, I assume that your home is listed in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). If so, you need to speak with your agent and express your desire to include your address. However, if you are referring to a consumer property search engine, more often than not, the property address won't be disclosed unless and until the consumer registers on line. If you are under contract with an agent, I recommend you have further conversation with them for better clarification.
Good luck, Tom.
Tom
If you want your address to be disclosed, you need to let your agent know. Some MLS systems have a default which does NOT show property addresses. Here in New Hampshire, property address can be shown with the Seller's written permission, which is great for agents and buyers alike. However, every Seller is different, and on a Haverhill listing that I had, the Seller absolutely did not want their address to be disclosed. So speak with our agent, and best of luck in selling quickly and for a good price.

Valerie Cloutier, REALTOR®
NH & MA Real Estate Services

603-965-5197 Direct
800-746-8448 x424 Toll Free
email: Valerie@SNHhome.com
Web Reference: http://www.SNHhome.com
Tom it depends on where your listing is posted and through what service the information is distributed and reused. Where are you trying to look for the address?
Mark Gracy
mark@gracyteam.com
(office) 978-984-3107
(direct) 978-861-4016 tel & fax
http://www.GracyTeam.com
Web Reference: http://www.GracyTeam.com