Home Selling in 99337>Question Details

Julie B., Home Buyer in Kennewick, WA

My husband just lost his job and we are needing to sell our house of 2yrs ownership. No money avail to list- not enough equity either any suggestions?

Asked by Julie B., Kennewick, WA Mon Aug 13, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


You don't need money to list your home. You can do a short sale to sell you property. To do this effectively you need to seek the help of a specialist. You want a CDPE certified broker. We have two at Divine Realty. Give me a call and we can get you to the right one.

Sharon Denning
Broker Divine Realty

0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 20, 2012
You really need to consult with a local agent that does short sales. You may even be able to get $3000 through HAFA to move out eventually. If you do not know anyone, contact me & I will get you in touch with someone.

Good luck to you, Jirius Isaac
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 14, 2012

Are you working? If so you may qualify for a loan modification. You can talk to your lender about
obtaining the paperwork.

A listed home usually brings a higher price than a home sold by owner and covers the cost of
the commission as well as bringing many more buyers. Talk to an agent in your area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 14, 2012
Hi, You can approach your lender about a short sale. A shortsale happens when you owe more then the home is worth and the seller agrees to take less. You have to be approved and losing a job is definitely an approved reason for doing a short sale. You should contact your lender right away if you feel you may have a problem making payments. I hope this works out for you, sorry for your loss!

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 14, 2012
There is something called a short sale thatyou can do if you show hardship. Not having the income to pay the mortgage i considered hardship. Talk to a local Realtor® that can help you. Look for someone that has the SFR® designation as that is the only designation certified by the National Association of Realtors® to show additional training in short sale transactions.
If you need to be put in contact with an SFR® in you area just let me know.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 14, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer