Amanda,  in Oklahoma City, OK

My husband is active duty & we received word the AF is sending us to Ottawa. We have to close on the sale of our home by 5/31/11. Need a broker

Asked by Amanda, Oklahoma City, OK Tue Mar 15, 2011

NOW! We have to sell our home but my husband doesn't want to pay a commission to anyone...& we cannot afford TONS of fees on top of the 1800 dollar cost of the paperwork to close our VA when we're done. We of course have to list that our property is for sale & "buyer pays own closing costs" because of this & we don't have much negotiating wiggle room. In a panic I listed our house on craigslist to start out at 129,900. A free market valuation of our home suggested anything between 127,900-135,000 would be acceptable & bring offers. But our TIMEFRAME is SO tiny. I either need to find an agent that works with military FEE FREE or at a greatly reduced price or figure out how to sell this on our own. We can't afford to carry the mortgage once they move us to Canada. As it is we'll have to rent there. DESPERATE for HELP! Names of good real estate companies that can help us would be greatly appreciated. Here is the ad on craigslist.
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/reo/2263243755.html

Answers

5
You can pay a realtor to enter in your listing on the OKCMAR (Oklahoma City Metropolitan Association of Realtors) MLS (Multi-listing service) for a small fee. It's considered "Entry-only" and the realtor will not perform any other services for you like showing the house, helping with contracts, etc. It would be a good way to get more exposure on your house though. Just an idea. Good luck!

Jamie Ferranti
Metro First Realty
405.242.4004
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 15, 2011
I am a real estate investor in Oklahoma City. I think the only option you may have is to rent it out, lease purchase it, or owner finance via wrap around mortgage.

If you lease purchase or owner finance, you can get a good chunk of money down to help with your next home purchase, however, you may not be able to get another mortgage loan (especially another VA loan) because you would still carry the mortgage on this house.

If you would like some help with your options, feel free to text or give me a call. 405-881-5958 Rose Wilkinson
My company would be able to rent the home for you if you do not get is sold. Depending on the location, condition etc... The rent may cover your mortgage payment. Please call me at 405-833-3020 if you would like to check into this option.
Good to see you utilizing all of the resources available to you! I thought the headline post looked familiar!

You can post homes on Trulia, ZIllow and others, as an owner and for a small fee. People will list the home, per below and a previous discussion we had earlier today. You keep hearing the same thing, from many different venues. The best you may see is around 3%, plus an MLS data input fee, (flat fees usually range from $500 to $1,500).

Best of luck Amanda, and, we are still here when you all are ready!
Web Reference: http://www.ubhometeam.com
Hey Amanda:

Your ad sounds great, very descriptive! Even without seeing pictures, I could visualize the house.

Jennifer Henning
GREEN Designated
(405)625-1576
Jenn@JenniferSellsOklahoma.com