Kimmara Grif…, Home Seller in Bronx, NY

My husband and I would like to sell a co-op located in the Bedford Park Area, but we have no idea how to get started. How do I even choose an agent?

Asked by Kimmara Griffiths, Bronx, NY Wed Jul 3, 2013

What would be some good questions to ask, to find the right agent to help us sell?

Answers

22
Millie Valentin ’s answer
Kimmara,

It was my great pleasure meeting you and you hired not only me but by Brokerage as well.

Cant wait for some Open Houses.

Millie Valentin
Sales Specialist and Marketing Coordinator
Exit Realty Search
3928 E. Tremont Avenue
Bronx, NY 10465
http://www.ExitRealtySearch.com
Web Reference: http://Millievalentin.com
Here are some questions that I recommend asking someone you're considering hiring as your listing agent:

• How many homes, of my type, have you sold? (recently, 6 mos, 1 year, 5 years)
• How many of your listings have "canceled" or "expired" in the last 12 months?
What is your list / sale ratio? (ie: you listed for $300,000, but how much did it end up selling for?... and what's your "average"?)
• What is your average "days on market" (how long do your properties stay on the market before selling).
• What is your marketing plan for my home? (get it in writing) does it include internet (which sites?), do you offer multiple photos, virtual tours, color brochures.
• Do you conduct open houses (why / why not / how often?)
• What listing price do your recommend (why / how did you arrive at that / do you have the comps to back that up?... do you have a "quick sale" price, and a normal sale price")
• What is your plan if I'm not under contract in 30 days / 60 days / 90 days ...etc.... (reduction schedule?)
• Why should I hire you? What do you bring to the table that's different than the myriad of other agents out there who want my listing.
• Will you offer a reduced commission (why / why not?)
• Are you a full-time agent? (this might, or might not be important to you).
• Do you practice dual-agency?(or whatever it is in your state where the agent represents both the buyer and the seller) (why / why not?)
• What do you think of Agent A and Agent B (the two other agents you're interviewing... this is optional)
• Are you planning any upcoming vacations or are you going to be unavailable, and who is your back-up when you're gone?
• What weekly communication can I expect from you, and how will you contact me... (phone, e-mail, texting?)
• What do you think of my property... what are the positives and negatives that might impact it's sale... what (if any) updates or repairs should I make in order to sell?

and lastly:

• Are there any questions, that you think I should have asked you, that I didn't?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 3, 2013
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in 60201
I highly recommend working with Antonio, i know him personally and he is a great agent!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 18, 2013
Hi Kimmara,

The first thing you should do is interview various agents. Each of them should bring a CMA (comparative market analysis). The CMA will give you the best idea of what price you can expect. After that, ask about their marketing. How will they showcase your home? Of course, commission will also be discussed. How is their network of bankers? These are all important things, but in my opinion, the most important thing when choosing an agent are basic things that are important from anyone you choose to work with in any form of business. Are they professional? Are they punctual? If they say they are going to do something, does it get done? Most importantly, do they pick up the phone? It seems very basic, but not everyone does. If they meet this criteria, do you feel comfortable with them?

Coops are very tricky and you should expect at least 6 months for your transaction. I would love to be included in your interview process. Thank you in advance and I hope I was of some help.

David Rodriguez
david.rodriguez@pantigagroup.com
718.451.6859
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 3, 2013
Kimmara,

Your first step in the process is to interview a few agents regarding selling your coop. You should ask friends or family for referrals as well. One of the most important step in this process is to work with an agent that can competitively price and market your property using all social media platforms as well as traditional platforms. Do not simply choose the agent that give you the highest listing price. Properties that are overpriced tend to sit of the market 2-3 times longer that aggressively priced units or don't sell at all. You also want an agent that is familiar with Coops/Coop Boards so they can make sure that you are presenting a qualified candidate.

I would be glad to discuss with you further.

Nirmala Caraballo
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Cruse Realty / Cruz Network of Realtors
Tel.: 646-479-7873
Email: nhcaraballo@yahoo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 3, 2013
Ask people you may know for referrals; or contact, invite and interview in person a few local agents from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best and who has the most to offer. Ask what marketing strategies will be implemented; what plans will be put in place to coordinate meetings with buyers; what feedback (communication) can you expect and with what frequency; will data be supplied to help establish a fair and marketable asking price; will buyers be pre-screened and required to have mortgage pre-approvals when submitting offers; what other services does the agency offer, etc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 3, 2013
Kimmara,

I am sure by now you co-op in Bedford park has already sold. Please feel free to reach out to me if not. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Antonio Sanchez
Exit Realty Search
3928 E. Tremont ave
Bronx, NY 10465
CELL: 347-320-0673
BUS: 347-202-4965
antonio@exitrealtysearch.com
http://WWW.LOVINGMYTOWN.COM
Hello KImmara,

My name is Andrew Haxhiu with EXIT REALTY SEARCH, we are the #1 Selling office in the Bronx.
Please give me a call on my cell 917-567-6544, and i would love to schedule a time for us to talk so I can give you more information about my company and myself, along with all the steps that's necessary to get your property SOLD.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Haxhiu
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Exit Realty Search
3928 E. Tremont Ave
Bronx, NY 10465
Cell: (917)567-6544
Tell: (347)202-4965
Fax: (347)202-4966
Andrew@exitrealtysearch.com http://www.SearchNyHomes.com
CHECK OUT MY TRULIA REVIEWS..
http://www.trulia.com/profile/AndrewHaxhiu/
Connect with me.
Facebook
Trulia Profile
Zillow Profile
1. How long have you been in?
2. How will you market my property?
3. If you are not available to show, do you have a back-up if the client cannot reschedule?

Best of Luck.
Kimmara,

Hope that your sale went smoothly. If you are still looking to sell feel free to reach out to me regarding any questions that you might have.

Antonio Sanchez
Exit Realty Search
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
3928 E. Tremont Avenue
CELL: 347-320-0673
FAX:    347-202-4966

antonio@exitrealtysearch.com
http://www.lovingmytown.com

#FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS
#VA LOANS
#203K LOANS
#SHORTSALES
#LISTINGAGENT
Good morning Kimmara,

Selling your home is an important decision and choosing the right Realtor who is knowledgeable and has the expertise to sell your home at maximum value is even more important. Make sure that you do your research thoroughly. Visit sites like Trulia and look through the recommendations of Agents in your area, who are part of a growing Real estate office.

Get the figures! Make sure that you ask questions about their list to sale ratio, and how many of their listings have turned into expired or cancelled? Figure out how your home will be marketed for optimal exposure and much more. Based on the Agents plans in promoting the sale of your home, you can then gauge the time frame you'd want to sign for, with regards to buyer agency representation.

Bryant Mero
EXIT Realty Search
917- 327-7870
Bryant@exitrealtysearch.com
Certified Buyers Representative

If you thought my answer was helpful please give me a "Thumbs-Up" or "Best Answer"

Hi Kimmara, Alan May gave some great advice! I would do some of your own research and client reviews. Best of luck!
Choose an agent that you can trust & comfortable to work with, one that will commit himself , all the way and evey step , one that your home become like his own. For sure he will do the best he knows how. You welcome to know me. Sincerely, Esther Straussberg Co-op expert with C21 Benjamin Forest Hills 718-216-5395
Kimmara,

The most important thing is to pick a realtor that has sold co-ops before. The sale of a co-op is distinguishably different from the sale of a regular home. Please feel free to give me a call so that we may set up an appointment so that I may go over how I would be able to assist you in the sale of your co-op.

Antonio Sanchez
Exit Realty Search
3928 E. Tremont ave
Bronx, NY 10465
CELL: 347-320-0673
BUS: 347-202-4965
SANCHEZEANTONIIO@GMAIL.COM
http://WWW.EXITREALTYSEARCH.COM
Congrats Millie. I'm sure you're going to sell it. Good luck!
Kimmara,

Have you hired an agent to work for you already, if not please feel free to give me a call so that I may go over what strategy my team would be able to implement for you in getting your home sold in the appropriate time for you schedule. My contact info is below feel free to call me or email me anytime.

Antonio Sanchez
Exit Realty Search
3928 E. Tremont ave
Bronx, NY 10465
CELL: 347-320-0673
BUS: 347-202-4965
ANTONIO@EXITREALTYSEARCH.COM
http://WWW.EXITREALTYSEARCH.COM
Open Houses are only good for the broker or agent..its a way to get more leads. Most open houses have an agent sitting in the house for up to 4 hours and maybe 5 people will show up and its the neighbors or another agent. Open houses are not the best sales tool...at least not the way most do it ...We have a system that will get your home seen by thousands of people.
Here is a link to the sellers section of my website please take a look....my firm offers program that will attract 10 times the amount of buyer to your property. If you would like to talk give me a call....thank you http://www.franklingrantproperties.com/for-sellers/
Kimmara,

The market is very competitive so are Realtors and there services, I don't like to work with overload, I like to service my Sellers more than 100%. Look for a local Realtor but one that has a track record of some great reviews and recommendations as well, this is there Resume!

I can write down over (20) questions that you can ask them but the right one will have a great Marketing Plan and a great presence on the internet. Do you know that over 90% of buyers search the Internet?

If you would like a Free Market Analysis please feel free to contact me direct at 646-957-4648, I SELL HOMES!

Best of Luck!

Millie Valentin
Marketing Specialist and Sales Coordinator
Exit Realty Search
3928 E. Tremont Avenue
Bronx, NY 10465
http://www.ExitRealtySearch.com

I am happy to tell you that our office is the number 1, yes number 1 office in the Bronx of houses sold in the Bronx, our expertise, commitment, dedication and professionalism lets us stand out from the rest. Feel free to give me a call if you have sometime so that i may sit with you and go over how i would be able to assist you in the sale of your home.

Antonio Sanchez
Exit Realty Search
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
3928 E. Tremont Avenue
CELL: 347-320-0673
FAX:    347-202-4966

ANTONIO@EXITREALTYSEARCH.COM
http://WWW.EXITREALTYSEARCH.COM
Kimmara, I would strongly recommend Victor Reynoso. He works for Exit Realty Search, the top real estate office in the Bronx. He will help you through the process. Because they're such a top producing office, they'll have better chances of selling your co-op for the right price. Good luck!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
Hello Kimmara:
The answers given to you below are excellent. Very important to ask an agent how they will market and promote your co-op. I would like to be given the opportunity to be interviewed by you and show you how I would market your
Co-op.
Miriam Rosa
Associate Broker
Century 21 Metro Star
917-562-0552