Home Selling in Londonderry>Question Details

3isenough, Home Seller in Londonderry, NH

My husband and I want to sell our house. Do you think we should get it ready for this spring market or wait until next spring.?

Asked by 3isenough, Londonderry, NH Thu Feb 23, 2012

We want to get the most $$ we can get for our property.

Answers

7
Right now active listings are down near 30% where sales are up 10-20%, buyers are buying now with less competition for home sellers. In the spring the majority of homes come on the market where there will be more competition among home sellers as buyers have more choices. Where we had such a mile winter, we did not see the huge slow down that usually occurs. My advice is listing now. If you need any assistance please feel free to email or call. I would love to help you sell your home.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Great advice offered already 3isenough, as real estate professionals in the area, we can obviously give you insight on what the market is currently doing, however, next year may be totally different for many reasons such as the volatility of energy prices, elections, interest rate changes and inventory that we have not yet seen with the foreclosure market....my advise would be not to wait until next year but it really does depend on your personal short and long term situation and goals. None of us has a crystal ball, but we all wish we did! If you would like more information about Homes of New Hampshire Realty marketing your home, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Respectfully, Cheryl Waitt, owner/broker

One of the first questions to ask yourself is; why are you selling. What are your goals? What are you trying to accomplish by selling your home? As full-time real estate professionals, we focus on helping you assess whether your goals can realistically be achieved in today’s market.

No one knows what the market will be a year from now. If interest rates go up, prices usually come down. If the economy gets worse, prices could go down. Looking back a year from now, this may have been the best time to sell. Nobody has a crystal ball.

What we do know is how to get you top dollar in today’s market and to help you assess what that will be. Steve and I are listing specialists and we specialize in helping homeowners reach their home-selling goals. We would be happy to help you assess your situation in more detail. Of course there is no obligation for this; it’s a service we provide.

We’d be glad to set a time for an initial consultation over the phone. Usually within 20 minutes or so, we can bring you up to speed on approximately what your home may be worth and its salability based on your home’s amenities, location and current condition.

Our goal as REALTORS, would be to help you make the best decision for yourself, as to whether now or next year is the right time for you. Please feel free to call us. We are here for you.

Warm regards,
Phyllis and Steve 603-434-3992
The Brown Home Selling Team at RE/MAX Insight (Salem NH)
References will be provided upon request
Hi there!
If I were you, I would get free CMA's (comparative market analysis') done by a few agents; also, ask what their listing strategies would be to market and push your home out into the ring and see what happens! Having in mind a figure that you would never fall under is crucial, of course. If you fall short of getting offers that meet what you would like to sell for, wait until next year. If you do sell for your price, the wonderful thing is that you will most likely find another fair deal in buying another property at this time.
No matter what you decide, think positive and see what the market can do for you ;)

Cheryl Cummings
Prudential Verani Realty
187 Main Dunstable Road
Nashua, NH 03060
(603) 521-4275- Cell/Text
(603) 888-4600- Office
Cheryl.Cummings@Verani.com
I agree with a lot of what Valerie had to say. I was born and raised in Londonderry and currently work there as well. Contact a few local agents, have them analyze your situation and home, and see what makes the most sense! I couldn't give you an exact answer without knowing more about your home and situation, every home is different. Get as much information as possible!
As a fellow Londonderry resident, I'm happy to tell you that people moving to NH are asking about this area. Prices are starting to level out, and while there is still alot of foreclosure inventory, homes that have been taken care of and listed at reasonable prices are getting offers and going under agreement very quickly. Right now there are 30 properties under agreement in Londonderry:
http://www.nnerenmls.com/nne/maildoc/clo2512_1330025389-Feb-…

You are welcome to visit my website for more information.
Web Reference: http://www.SNHhomeTeam.com
I think this year will be a great market for selling. Interest rates are on the rise so it's a good time for buyers to get in NOW.

Check out my website and click on Bringing people home and it will go over our marketing for your home.
Web Reference: http://bobbynh.com