Home Selling in Emmaus>Question Details

Susan Reiss, Home Seller in Emmaus, PA

My husband and I want to sell our home (18049 area) and we need a good agent with low commission fees. What are our options?

Asked by Susan Reiss, Emmaus, PA Sat Aug 7, 2010

We can't afford the 6-7% fees because we need the equity we have to buy a used mobile home cash. We need to get this home sold soon and want it on the market by Sept. 1. I don' t think we will have a problem selling this home for much less than 165,000. We remodeled the whole house, but have some minor painting and things to do. The house is too big for us anymore and I lost my job, so we need to get this place sold asap. Thank you.

Answers

13
The commission is negotiable. You should interview three agents. Ask them what they will do to sell your home besides putting up a sign and using the mls. Look up their web site. It is a good idea to do the minor repairs that need to be done. Good luck.
Web Reference: http://www.gitabantwal.com
Hi Susan, - lots of wisdom gathered in all of the comments. Only other thing I would suggest that you consider during your interview process is "other fees" - sometimes a lower fee might be negotiated and then additional fees creep in to get you right back to where you may have started with someone else.

I also live in Emmaus - location, location, location - that is definitely in your favor in selling your home. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you.

Carol Landis
Cassidon Realty
610-417-0643 - Cell
610-266-2661 - ofc
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 9, 2010

I am a local expert in the emmaus area and also live in emmaus. I would be glad to meet with you at your home and develop a marketing plan for your home. Please call me on my cell phone 610-737-5369. I hope to talk to you soon.

Sean LaSalle
Weichert Realtors
Slasalle@weichert.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 7, 2010
Keep in mind that commissions are always negotiable between you and your agent, there are no set standards. Interview a few agents from different companies and choose the one you like best and has the most to offer. Keep in mind that in today's market, pricing and marketing that maximizes your exposure are paramount.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 7, 2010
This question was posted Aug 7, 2010
I'm confident Susan has moved into mobile home by this time.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence. Broker/Associate
Remac Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, Fl
727.420.4041
http://www.FirstLookHomes.us
You are so right. I got hooked in as some spammer replied and the question showed up again.
Flag Thu Oct 24, 2013
You mention you need to get your home sold soon and ASAP. There will always be an agent who will be glad to lower their commission just to get you to sign with them. You get what you pay for. If you need to sell soon you might offer a higher commission if you can get a buyer in a certain period of time. This will motivate other agents to sell your home and do it "soon". If you don't have a buyer in a certain period of time than you can lower the commission to what is typical in your area. If you reduce it lower than that I think the brokers in your area will start to wonder where else did you cut corners.

Don Mituzas
Licensed Associate Broker
2008 Realtor of the Year
Douglas Elliman Real Estate

http://www.donmituzas.com
It is time for you to talk to Realtors and look for all possible vista for you.
Pl email me and i can answer your questions wrt fees.
Vinay Gupta - VGUPTA5694@HOTMAIL.COM
Shoot me an email at mercada3@americahfc.org with your contact number we can take a look at you home and if it is a fit for us we can close when you want.
First, how much are you willing to pay commission, which is negotiable.
Second, even your house is listed with no commission or minimum, Agents would prefer to show houses which gets them higher commission. It is not a good idea.
Interview couple Realtors and ask them what they will do to sell your home fast. But, be sure to price it right to sell quickly otherwise it will stay in market for long time and buyers will lose thier interest.

Vinay Gupta
Realtor, CDPE
Realty Advisors Real Estate,
Horsham,
VGupta5694@Hotmail.com
267-808-8285
Hi Susan,
It is true real estate commissions are negotiable but Terrance makes a valid point. If the offered co-op commission is too low some realtors may simply pass it by. Also remember the saying "you get what you pay for". If you really need to get your home sold fast, you also need a Realtor that will market your home properly and be willing to put in the time, effort and $$$ to do so. Your Realtor will go over the estimated closing costs because there is more than commission to consider. From there you should be able to come up with a fair commission that will not impede the sale of your home and still allow you to make the cash purchase of a mobile home. I would be happy to meet with you to discuss your situation and present a marketing plan that meets your needs.
Bev Kalb, Realtor
Century 21 Longacre Realty
610-845-6000 x 208
610-442-6897 cell
So, you're saying that you want a real estate professional to not do their job? What services do you want cut?? You want your home sold ASAP, which is hard enough to do in today's market, yet you don't want to pay for professional services. In order to sell your home quickly, it MUST be the first home people would want to see. Priced right, shows right, and agent commission is right (agent's show homes with lower commissions last...fact of life).

If your home isn't on top of the list to sell, then it won't be sold as quickly as you want.

Terrence Charest
I'd interview at least three agents. Get recommendations from friends and family, and be prepared to negotiate the commission. There is no "standard" commission, and in these hard times, many agents are willing to work with you and reduce whatever they normally charge.

Because you are in a hurry to sell, I would suggest that you start the fix-up process right away, and then when you have selected an agent, ask him or her for recommendations to make your home as appealing as possible to buyers. Plan to cooperate with whatever works in your area to sell: frequent open houses, lots of advertising, etc. Keep your home in pristine condition as much as you can, and be very flexible about showings. Most of all, PRICE IT RIGHT. Overpricing with the hope of coming down later just discourages buyers, and you lose that golden period when your home is fresh on the market and a hot item. Good luck to you.