Bekah, Home Seller in Round Rock, TX

My husband and I are looking to sell our house quickly so we can move to a better school district. How would?

Asked by Bekah, Round Rock, TX Wed Apr 1, 2009

I go about investigating the average selling time and cost for houses in our neighborhood? (Settlement area, Round Rock off David Curry, 78664)
Thank you!
Bekah

Answers

14
If you want to sell your home quickly, contact an agent for an aggressive comparative market analysis. The right price sells faster than anything else, period.

If it is properly priced, you should sell within 30-60 days. This is the goal.

If you're in a hurry, don't waste time trying to do this yourself. We'll get it done for you.

I have a little bit of advice, I have an acquaintance who has their home for sale for the same reason: they do not like the school district. It isn’t really a bad school district, but outsiders hear from their friends who have moved nearby that it is a bad school district because that is what those people heard when they moved to this area. Just remember that if YOU don’t like the school district, probably other people don’t think the school district is a big plus either, and price your house accordingly. Don’t base it on the price of your next house, which presumably will be in a “better” school district.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 2, 2009
Hello Bekah,

I hope you are having a superb evening! All are great answers below! If you need to sell well, now is the best time more than ever! Interest rates are low and I am seeing a lot of buyers right now.

I would probably hire a market expert who can give you the details of what "Like" or “Apples-to-Apples" homes are doing so you can decide what part of the market range you want to be in. Then go preview the competition. Heck, I would even go ahead and get it appraised by a professional appraiser.

Are you planning on doing "For Sale By Owner"? If so, please let me know and I will send you FREE information that will help you sell your home yourself! I also should probably come by and preview your home because I may have a buyer for it already. My team markets heavily in the Round Rock area and I am seeing a lot of buyers at this time.

All the best!

Jeffrey Nyland, REALTOR®, GRI, SRS
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 1, 2009
I would price your house below it's market value in order to generate excitement among buyers and get multiple offers quickly. If done correctly you should get offers well above your asking price that well equal the homes true market value. Fastest way to sell a property.
Price the home aggressively then Consider offering "Special Financing " for Qualified Buyers.
EX: Seller Concession to pay closing costs for Buyers that may have limited cash or
pay discount points to Buy Down Rate.
Calculator:
http://www.321advantage.com
Interview several agents as Donna recommended, and I have a few more questions that you should ask them. Since you already mentioned that you intend to sell your home quickly, you need to know whether the one you'll select can hit the ball out of the park.

So, also ask the following:
1) How many sales have you closed in March 2009 and Q1 2009?
2) What's the DOM of each of your past 10-20 transactions?
3) What's the percentage of properties that you helped to closed out of the ones that you helped put under contract?
4) How do you track the progress of your marketing/sales campaign?
5) Do you guarantee your results? (Many won't; some top performers who know they'll deliver will--and expect to pay Yankee money for that level of performance.)
If you're like most people, you want the highest price possible when you sell your home. The truth is most homeowners cheat themselves out of thousands of dollars in profits because few real estate agents and Sellers know the secrets of getting the maximum value for your property. Many use ineffective real estate methods. Investigating the average selling time and cost for houses in your neighborhood is a very tiny portion of research needed to effectively sell your home in the least amount of time at the best price possible.

I suggest you interview 3 real estate agents so you can find someone who will understand your goals and have the ability to review the overall market conditions. You need someone who has a proven strategic plan to help you get the price you deserve for your home, and someone who is so confident in their plan that he/she is willing to risk their own money and time to assist you in the sale of your home.
Questions to ask when interviewing an agent:
1. Why should I choose you as my listing agent?
2. What services do you offer?
3. Do you have a strategic marketing plan which will increase the odds of getting more money for may home than other listing agents? If so, what reearch do you use to back up your plan? How will you execute the plan? What proof do you have of your plan'ssuccess?
4. Do you have a detailed budget for what you are prepared to spend or place at risk in marketing my home? If so are you willing to share it with me?
5. How will you execute your plan?
6. How will you communicate with me during the listing?
7. Do you have a list of service providers you work with?
8. Will you provide me a list of past clients I may contact?
Maximizing the selling price of your home begins with a comprehensive plan through targeted marketing and maximum exposure to qualified buyers. And, you want an expert to help you with negotiation strategies and skills to get the maximum value for your home on terms that meet your needs. Great plans and promises that are poorly executed will fail to deliver, so it's important to have someone on your team who DELIVERS. Otherwise you may not get the best value for your home costing you time, money, and stress.

Because interest rates are so low and there are many more Buyers now, and because we see the most deals getting closed in the Spring and early Summer, it couldn't be a better time to sell. Yes, the economy is struggling, but Austin is still a very stable market. With a strong Certified Negotiation Expert on your side, you should be able to maximize your purchase value as well. So choose someone who has the most research, best negotiation skills, and your goals at heart. This is one of the most important decisions you make in your lives that has a long term effect on your finances and quality of life. Align yourselves with experts, and maximize your value.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Donna Ciccarelli
Goldwasser Real Estate
512-736-3124 mobile
http://www.donnaciccarelli.com
I'm looking to buy in the Forest Creek area. What not to like about the school district?
I agree with DP2. You have to stands out from the rest of the listings.

I just relocated to another state and wanted to sell my old house so I can buy a new one. We priced our house to the recently sold comps, replaced the carpet, thoroughly cleaned the entire house, and had the house professionally staged. We accepted an offer in 5 days after listing and now waiting for closing. My agent scheduled an open house the upcoming weekend but never had a chance to do it.

We accepted some concession as part of the offer but overall we came up a few thousands short of what we wanted if we were to sell in June/July. The carrying cost, i.e. mortgage, made up the differences. We did invest some time and money to get the house in a perfect condition. In this economy, I rather take less than trying to get more money out. You can never tell what's the next big news that will spook the market.
Also, keep in mind that you have a trade-off between time and price, so you need to decide which of the 2 alternatives is more important to you. JR brought up an excellent point on pricing, so if you want to get the highest price, then expect the sale to take a considerable amount of time. On the other hand, if you want to get out of Dodge ASAP, then you need to price your property like you mean it--meaning you need to discount your price enough (ie 15%-25% of it's current market value) to grab the attention of any potential buyers.
Bekah:

My office offers a free online service to give you a snapshot of market pricing around and close to your home. Call my office and we can get that set up for you today.

Thanks!
Steve
Bekah,

You may view the sale of your home from this general perspective, however, the healthiest way to approach it is from the individual stand point. The price, location, curb appeal, community amenities, proximity to employment, desirability etc. may provide your property the edge required to sell it faster......on the other hand...........

Our recommendation is to seek an agent and a company that has both a high local and out of the area visibility, one with a marketing plan that is specific to your home, and one that has a high sales volume of sold homes in your general location.

Look for an agent who specializes in 1031 exchanges, work with him/her to make sure you've priced your home to sell quickly, and offer to sell your property with seller financing.
HI Bekah,
for the most up to date information, and to move quickly, you should speak to a Realtor in your area. they would have access to the lastest statistics for homes like yours- and even more importantly, they will also have insight on why certain homes sold and why others didn't, and how to market your home for the highest return in the shortest amount of time.

If it would help, I could see who is in my referral group in your area and help you get a dedicated, full time Realtor that will work hard for you! Just let me know if that would help- I could get someone on the phone to you as soon as tomorrow!

Krisan Mitchell
Coldwell Banker All American
-
-