Erika & Tony…, Both Buyer and Seller in Albemarle County, VA

My husband & I we are interesting in a single family home open concept with a finished basement, 4 rooms 2 & half bathroom with two car

Asked by Erika & Tony Collazo, Albemarle County, VA Sun Apr 14, 2013

garage. But we are already in a mortgage in a town home we love our location but we think is time to move for more spacious home. How we can get what we want and sell at the same time our town home in this rough time to sell?

Answers

10
Good morning Erika,

I have another suggestion I'd like to share with you. If you need to sel the home you're in before buying another home you can make your offer on a new home, contingent on the sale of your property.
To Erika and Tony,
I am about to sell or lease my home in the Lewis Mountain neigborhood. It is a one story ranch with full basement. The main house has 3 bedrooms 2 full baths 1832sf The basement has 1000sf finished with heat and ac and a half bath. 600sf unfinsihed. We built a 2 car garage with one bedroom studio and full bath 324sf ,six years ago.
It is coming up for lease in August and we could work out a lease to own contract.
I am not a realtor.
I live and work in Charlottesville and have for 15 years.
If interested email me at Cavalier_properties@yahoo.com

Jeff
To Erika & Tony Collazo,
The Real estate market, is getting better, prices are leveling off and interest are low. If you get your house in top shape, touch up paint, neatly landscaped front and backyard . In move-in condition, you will have a better opportunity to sell. I will like to help you..my e-mail is sucasa@gmailcom (804)641-5847

Martha Smith, Realtor
It is possible to do both. The first step would be to talk to a realtor about pricing and making your townhome ready for sale be stagingi and pricing it well. Many properties are selling in less than 2 days if priced right. Next step would be to talk to a mortgage broker to find out what your financing options are and determine how much home you can afford. Then, start looking in your proposed price range. If you wish, I would be happy to talk further. Gaby Hall ERA Bill May Realty Co 434 293 3766.
Thanks for the question. You need to make an appointment with a broker or agent to review the pay out of your mortgage in relationship to the current market value of your home. This value is only determined in today's market by the homes currently selling (most times in the last 90 days) and the current listed comparable homes which will be your competition for the buyers. Yes, homes are selling this spring but with great differences by style, condition, neighborhood, etc.

Once you have that piece in place, a experienced real estate professional should be able to help you target a new home that meets your changed needs and to draft a analysis known as a buyer's gross expense. This will let you know the full extent of expense should you wish to buy this home.

I would be happy to discuss this with you further. You can contact me directly by email at tomraney@nestrealty.com or by phone at (434) 981-2608.

Thank you for your question.

Tom Rany
Good Evening Erika and Tony, There are a couple of different options you could pursue. Two steps are to get a market analysis for your current property and talk to a lender about the purchase of your next property. For the market analysis, it's best to have an agent preview your home. When we come out to preview property, we show our sellers how to make their property more saleable, such as staging. This will help you capture the most equity out of your home. We will also share with you our marketing program. Many people put their home on the market, while looking for another property. If you found the home of your dreams and your current home hasn't sold, it's possible to write an offer contingent on the sale of your current home. For the purchase of your next property, it's very important to talk to a lender. They will help you determine your price point, loan options, down payments, interest rates etc. Feel free to give us a call for a lender referral, market analysis or to discuss in further detail. We can be reached at 434-960-8987 or maggie@gunnelsgroup.com We are happy to help! All the best! Gunnels Group
Erika and Tony
Here is a quick link to 4 bedroom homes in Albemarle - http://tiny.tw/39Ek
You may have to adjust the price range.

Best of luck to you

Charles
You can reach me at 434 825-8174.
Hello Erika

It sounds like you're probably looking for newer construction. I would be happy to assist with your search. Please give me a call to talk about other features that may be important to you.
Call me today 434-242-6847, I'm experienced and can answer your questions.

Sharon