Lacye, Home Seller in Pleasant Grove, Dallas...

My husband & I own a house in pleasantgrove. It needs some repair should we invest fixing it up or sale as is?

Asked by Lacye, Pleasant Grove, Dallas, TX Fri Dec 30, 2011

Answers

3
David Whiteside’s answer
Lacye,
I agree with other responses. having been a contractor before I would suggest getting some bids and then an idea from an agent on what the house would probably sell for after repairs. The prospect of selling as is depends on repairs. If the repairs are major such as foundation,roof and heat or a/c the option are narrowed to an investor or an FHAQ loan that would allow the buyer to roll in 35,000. on loan. I find few buyers want to do this but want to move in and "hang up clothes" so to speak. Feel free to call me and we can discuss the options.
David
214-293-6431
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 30, 2011
Depends on what is required for repairs. Many lenders won't approve loans unless the home meets their standardrs.

Most home buyers are accustom to homes 100% tip top shape .

Why risk it , do the repairs . Typically homes require repairs can sit on the market much longer than a home with nice presence.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Dear Lacye,

Fixing up and repairing are two different issues. Your number one goal should be to bring the home to 'model' like condition if possible. Roofing and structural repairs should definitely be made ahead of selling. A fresh coat of neutral paint, removing personal effects and enhancing curb appeal on the outside will help you sell your home more quickly.

Margie Casey
Founder