Vmatthew, Other/Just Looking in 77071

My house was about to be foreclosed on in 2004 by Ameriquest. Ameriquest was being sued for fraudulent appraisals. I got an attorney who was going to

Asked by Vmatthew, 77071 Mon Sep 14, 2009

work on a settlement. Then the case lingered on for five years with no payments. Now the other side has brought up the issue of foreclosure again without a settlement. What can I do now? Is the house legally mine since the statute of limitations for suing has passed? Can we still work out a settlement? Ameriquest went out of business but another company has taken over.

Answers

3
You've been living there 5yrs and made no payments? Then I would think that you won't have a lot of rights.

But the attorney will have your answer.... I suggest you contact them.
You really do need to speak with your attorney, but chances are good, since the original loan note was not paid off by you, that the new lien holder owns the home.
What does your attorney say? He would be the authority in this type of situation? Good luck!!

Jackie