Home Selling in Fresno>Question Details

Bibliophile, Home Seller in Fresno, CA

My house is listed on Trulia as a 3 bedroom, 3 bath. It has a small room with double doors with a closet used as study . Is this not a bedroom?

Asked by Bibliophile, Fresno, CA Tue Jan 31, 2012

It also has a bonus room.

Answers

5
Technically it needs to have a closet to be a bedroom so it should be. I would put in the MLS that it is a 4 bedroom but on title it shows as a 3 bedroom if that is what it is showing.
Web Reference: http://www.laura4homes.com
Actually It's listed in the tax assessment that way, I think, but I definitely bought a four bedroom house! LOL Thanks everyone.
This is something you should address with you agent.
Without complete knowledge it is hard to say why it was not considered a bedroom. Perhaps your agent was using the tax information available to temper any possible liability that might be created by other claims. It would be best to approach them in the matter.
Your agent may have a good reason for listing it way he/she did. However, usually the extra bedroom would win over the study, but not always.