Home Selling in League City>Question Details

ptarnal, Home Buyer in Saline, MI

My house in MARBELLA has being on the market for almost 2months!! Had 6 viewings but no offers yet!! House is in a very good condition, clutter free!

Asked by ptarnal, Saline, MI Fri Jun 8, 2012

Answers

8
Carla Wade’s answer
Homes in Mar Bella are selling like home made butter mike pancakes on a winter day in Lake City Colorado. If you don't get an offer soon, without seeing your house, it is most likely one of the following reasons in this order. It is over priced, you are not working with a Realtor, you are not listening to your Realtor if you have one.
so far we had 10 viewings and an open house,all the viewings had good feedback,we reduced th price as well.no offers yet!!!
Flag Mon Jun 25, 2012
I am looking at homes in that area and what shocks me is the amount of property taxes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Two issues pop out here....first is staging of the home/prep for showing..this one is really secondary. What I believe the market is telling you is that the price is too high for the current market. Getting the buyers into the home is the first step....how the home shows is the second
Your viewing rate is a little light. We usually like to see about 1-2 showings a week if its marketed well and priced at market value. Average time to sell this year in all Mar Bella is 141 days. If you have a REALTOR® have discussions with them about whats next to sell it. Look at both the marketing being done(example placement on Truilia and other internet sites) open houses(yes we still sell a couple a year of our listings from open houses).and of course confirming market value. Its always easy to sell a home by dropping price. Our job as REALTORS® is to sell it at top $ in the timeframe you want it sold in. Our approach is always price it at market value and ensure the condition of the home has no negatives. Owner occupied buyers buy on emotion. If there is anything that detracts from the positive emotion it will reduce offers. Lastly remember its a numbers process. The more possible buyers you show the more likely you will get an offer.

Angelica Heller & Warren Treptow
SOUTH SHORE TEAM
RE/MAX Space Center
You can give me a call at 832-287-9459 and give me the address and I will run a CMA for that area. With the current situation pricing your home right is the major concern with buyers now days. Thanks Charles Miller (Broker Associate) Bridgecrest Properties
Saline,

Keep the following in mind.

Home on the market with no showings....lower the price

Home on the market with showings but no offers.....lower the price

Home on the market with showings and unaccepted offers.....lower the price.

This is a basic over simplification but it does point out the importance of pricing a home in accordance with market activity in your general location.

It's also important to know what people that are seeing your property think about it. Requesting from your agent feedback on the past and future showings may provide you with the insight you need to find success.

Best wishes with your sale.

If the house is in very good condition, clutter free, and has had showings but no offers, you need to lower your price. You are getting a fair amount of showings so you are close but no offers indicates a price reduction is needed. If you will do that, I am pretty sure you will have an offer in no time!