Shakira, Both Buyer and Seller in Philadelphia, PA

My house has been on the market since November 25, 2007 with little activity. I have a projected settlement

Asked by Shakira, Philadelphia, PA Wed Jan 30, 2008

date on a new home March 28, 2008. How many open houses should I have this month? My relator only scheduled 1 open house on the 17th of February.

Answers

11
I have seen your questions in the past in regards to the sale of your house. I agree with the previous poster, it is really time to look at the pricing and the competition of the other houses on the market. I know in 19120 (Olney and Feltonville) there are easily over 200 houses on the market that you are competing with. An open house really is not going to make a difference let alone 4 open houses other than the realtor hosting it picking up a few leads and some nosey neighbors looking at it to scope up their own competition. I would recommend having a chat with your realtor about the price of the house looking at the most updated comparable sales. I am super familiar with 19120 so if there any specific questions let me knw.
Hi Settlement has been pushed back 60 days. Thanks for your input
today is the 27th
you are probably not going to settle
don't waste your money on service
keep the house
enjoy what you have

anyways

good luck
Okay! How much is this service? The address is 211 Spencer...
It is not about how much the selling agent gets. In order to make any assesment, i would have to see the property. I have a stager and an appraiser on my staff, so we can price it and stage it so it sells!
Web Reference: http://www.fredglick.com
Reduce the price and or offer some incentives..... 3% help towards closing cost..
Open houses are not the answer and obviously your agent is smart enough to know that. I am sure you want the most you can possibly get for your home and your agent wants that also. He/She is representing you. In a market where there is little to no activity there is only one thing that is wrong with a property that has had no showings and that is the PRICE. Lower the price. If no activity, lower the price again. Listen to your REALTOR as they review the most current comparable properties with you and look carefully at what your competition is listed as well as what has just recently sold. Another question to ask yourself? Are you offering a high enough selling commission? Attract the masses by whatever means works in your area. Listen to your REALTOR. He/She knows the market you live.

Good luck.....Spring is coming.
Lower the price and have the curb appeal prime. You need all the pieces in the puzzle to be perfect to compete in this market.
I have several answers for you to sell you home quickly and get more showings:
1. Lower the price
2. Reduce the price
3. Downwardly adjust the price

There, I think that answers it. No amount of open houses will get people to come UP to your price.
Do an updated CMA and get comps of homes sold in the past 6 months. If your home is priced too high you will not get anyone to buy regardless of how many open house you do.
Very good question. For the most part open houses are not very effective. I have read reports that open houses sell the home that is open only 1% of the time. Often times the potential buyer attending the open house becomes a client for the realtor who then sells them a home that more fits the buyers needs. The reason for this is the home that is open is not a targeted home for the potential buyers at the open house meaning number of bedrooms, size and other targeted interests. Most open house activity is drive by traffic therefore, the visitor is not usually a match.

The best advice I can give you is ensure that your home is in top show condition for every targeted potential buyer who views your property. Ask your agent if she can help to stage your home or can recommend a professional stager to provide you a consultation and if necessary the service. By doing so you will increase your chances of selling. Also, sit down with your agent and discuss the marketing plan. Examine the entire plan and explore additional means in which to increase traffic. Be sure in this discussion to cover internet exposure since buyers are shopping on line first then investing valuable time in homes.

Good luck and happy selling.
Web Reference: http://www.rmr-usa.com
The clock is ticking. You need to have an updated CMA done to see what has sold since November. Time to get more aggressive with the price. Depending on the market, open houses don't really work here, they really are just for agents to get leads. Serious buyers are working with a Realtor and that Realtor will find your listing in the MLS.

What has the feedback been from the showings you received. Did they comment on condition, price, location??? anything you can take care of...
Web Reference: http://www.sumnerrealty.com