Ann M, Home Seller in 60517

My house has been on the market in Woodridge, IL for 8 months, 6 of those since my divorce. My house is very

Asked by Ann M, 60517 Sun Jul 26, 2009

nice, decluttered, clean, decorated neutrally, but still we have had very few showings and no offers. It is priced right according to the other home I see for sale in our area. What more can I do to get this house sold? I'm desperate. Thanks.

Answers

21
Over FOUR YEARS OLD!!
Probably was "chasing the curve".
Each agent/agency has different marketing techniques to market your property, some work, some don't. In Woodridge, you should be receiving a fair amount of showings, market time in that area is pretty good. Ask your listing agent to try some creative marketing to entice more showings.
Try coming down on the price about $1,500 to $2,000.
I would have to see the home to answer this properly.
I would have to look at the property to properly answer this.
Ann,

It's very important that you listen to the messages that are being conveyed to you. Your home is telling you the lack of activity is likely closely tied to your askig price. There are several basic things to remember when selling property. They are:

1. home is listed but few or no showings....lower the price

2. home is listed with plenty of showings but no offers....lower the price

3. home is listed with offers but no executed contract....lower the price

The repeating theme is one that too many sellers refuse to acknowledge....the results of which, are not good!

Most of the times, a home does not sell because of overpricing. If you have previewed competing listings in the area and truly confident about your home, one tactic you might want to discuss with your listing agent is to take the "negotiation room" out of your listing price and price right at the point you want to close at. This will attract more buyers to your home and when they fall in love with your home and compete for it, you may get more than your list price.
Did your agent have a professional take photo's? The internet is where your potential buyers get their first impression.
Did your agent tell you about the recent comps in your area? There are many factors to consider when pricing your home. Look at all of the information and the re-evaluate your price.
Ask your listing agent to preview inside competing listings as a buyer would in your area as a regular showing appointment. I am guessing you are higher priced than the local comps. I dont know woodridge area, but aligning your price to be the best value out there to the independent buyer.

If you like my answer, thumbs up me and best answer.

Thanks!
I'm wondering if your agent had a professional take the photos? with the majority of buyers scheduling appointments according to the impression they get from the Internet, your pictures need to be the best they can be.
I am fairly surprised that your agent has not had a discussion with you about your home. Most agents consider a property that has been on the market for more then six months to be "stale." This means that the audience of potential buyers that were exposed to your house when it was first listed have rejected the listing price and adjustments need to be made to the property in order to gain or regain a potential buyers attention. I would recommend that you meet with your agent and ask him or her to run a new CMA based on where the market is at today, not eight months ago. Try to see if the agent received any feedback from the potential buyers during showings. Maybe someone that could porfessionally stage the house would help? I would also stress the importance of communication with your agent given how quickly conditions can change in today's market. If nothing else make sure the price is compelling.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 27, 2010
Walk thru some of the other homes in your area, Price is prob the issue at this point...have you had many showings?

Your agent should be getting some kind of feedback from anyone that walks thru..Listen to what the buyers are saying..your get to the issue if there is one...
Web Reference: http://www.tomgustave.com
There are 3 key factors in real estate. Pricing, presentation and marketing. Ask your realtor do a current market analysis and take a good look at the homes that have sold. Discuss a marketing plan with your agent. Finally, schedule a few open houses, this is a good way to get the opinion of a perspective buyer.
Ann, you need to take a look at your competition. Walk through some similarly priced homes in your area. If you were the buyer, would YOU choose your home? If not, you should re-evaluate your listing price. I also believe that you need to have professional photographs taken and available on the Internet. People look for homes online first! Good luck!
You need to look at sold homes in your area. Price your home to get it sold. Remember it will have to appraise if the buyer is getting a mortgage so it will have to have sold comps.
chick.briner@cbexchange.com
Ann, Make sure your agent is marketing you property on various internet sites since the majority of people now search on their own first via the internet. This said you need to make sure that the pictures that are on the MLS are GREAT!! If your pictures aren't inviting then they won't want to actually come and see it in person. Just try going out and looking at some listings and at the photos. Which houses would you want to go and look at? If your priced right this might be one quick fix to help drive internet buyers to your house. Good Luck!
Hi Ann

Thanks again for all your input...Hopefully all is well at this point...

Hope all is well.

Neal
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 14, 2009
You say it is priced right according to the other home for sale in the area.
But you need to find out what actually SOLD in the last 2 or 3 months in the area and then price it below that theshold to attract a buyer. In a short sale the home would be priced roughly 5-10% below the last comparable sale that hopefully occcurred during the last 3 months. Pretend you are a buyer, would you buy your house priced as it is right now?

You say you are desperate to sell. What happens if it doesn't sell?
Perhaps you should discuss a possible short sale with a Realtor specializing in short sales.
Lower price so that your home is the lowest of the comps. Offer to help buyer with closing cost. If the photo's on the MLS don't show well then delete them except for the main exterior photo. This way people will be forced to come see it before they rule it out. Talk with your agent first before using any of these suggestions.
Web Reference: http://ekerry.com
Sounds like you are still priced to high. If it was priced to sell you would be getting showings and calls regularly. The market is crazy busy. If the buyers are not willing to pay the price the home is listed for, it’s obviously over priced for TODAYS market.

Is your virtual tour narrated? That always helps?

Please call with any questions or concerns.

And…Remember. “Call Firks 1st”.com

DF
Web Reference: http://www.dandfirks.com
Hello Ann:

I know how frustrating it can get. The market is tough so we all need to be patient right now.
Maybe you can offer an incentive to buyers such as a Home Warranty Plan. Sometimes
that may help bring in some buyers knowing they have a year policy for some peace of mind
in case some unexpected repairs come up during that first year.

Good Luck to you!
Gina Fagnani
Century 21 Hearst Realty
GinaFagnani@aol.com