Home Selling in 28262>Question Details

Carol Duncan, Home Seller in Charlotte, NC

My home is listed on here but with the wrong square footage for the house, how can I get that corrected.

Asked by Carol Duncan, Charlotte, NC Sat Jul 21, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


You should have your agent check the information in the MLS. Be careful about what you are using to determine you square footage though- there have been many lawsuits over incorrect square footage.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 26, 2014
No matter what square footage is auto posted on Trulia your agent through their account has the ability to make and save changes to your listing information at any time.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 26, 2012
If you notice, the 2 previous answers are from agents in NH & IL. They are not members of your local MLS Board and as such may not be aware that our CMLS reports square footage in a "range" that is automatically determined. Even when a CMLS Realtor enters the exact, measured square footage, our CMLS automatically determines a "range". Therefore the only way for 3rd party sites like Trulia and Zillow to get a square footage single amount is to rely on tax records. If your tax record is incorrect, it will be reflected as incorrect in these sites. That's why it is important for owners to carefully look over their tax bill and records to verify the correct information. If it is not correct, that is what the tax "appeal" process is for. You appeal to the tax board during that process. Often builders when they get the building permit will give a square footage, but then during the build process make adjustments which can increase or decrease the actual finished square footage. Most Realtors in our area know the most accurate information comes from our CMLS and that is what we use when selecting property to show our Buyer Clients.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 26, 2012
You need to contact your listing agent and have them correct their listing. They can easilily edit it. Good luck with your sale.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 21, 2012
Contact your agent and have them make the change for you.

All the best,

Gary Geer

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 21, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer