Home Selling in Baltimore>Question Details

Kitty Kinnis…, Home Buyer in Benwood, WV

My home is listed here and I recently had a buyer back out of the contract.

Asked by Kitty Kinnison, Benwood, WV Fri Nov 15, 2013

I can no longer take care of my home due to health issues and was heartbroken that he did this to me and before the holidays. My home is 2636 W. Lafayette ave Baltimore 21216 and I am considering any and all offers so I can go back home to be with my grandchildren. The house is sturdy but could use a little touch ups here and there. Hardwood floors would be beautiful if sanded and refinished. All my neighbors are wonderful folks that I will miss dearly. Please contact my Realtor if interested. thank you

Answers

4
Kitty, this happens more often than any of us like. Deals do fall apart.
Marlene Rogers provided exceptional guidance.(TU) Be patient. As she advised, there are special circumstances involved. Let the pros create the situation and the solution. DON"T second guess your agent. That can lead to calamity.
-
Best of success
Thanks Annette. We all LOVE to see homes sale. I can understand the client concern when their home isn't selling. I believe the best course of action is to discuss your concerns with your agent or Broker. You hired them for a reason. I'd hope my clients trust me enough to manage their sale and come to me to explore alternate options if they're not getting the results they'd like quickly enough. Homes priced under $70,000 tend to be difficult to get financed. I've heard some lenders say they wouldn't take the app. This amazed me....but nonetheless they have guidelines to follow. Hopefully it works for this seller. Thanks again for your kind words. 8-)
Flag Wed Dec 11, 2013
I looked up your home and it's only been 88 days on the market. It's also probably best for a cash buyer; because at $42,900 no one will get a loan. Banks have a "cost of doing business" and it prohibits most of them from underwriting loans under $60,000. Wait it out and see if your agent can find a cash buyer to take it off your hands.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 10, 2013
is this home in a safe area? as my husband and i are looking for a first time home but needs to be in a safe area
Hi Lamara,

How soon would you and your husband like to be in a home? I serve clients in the Baltimore metro housing market and can help. I'd start with a buyer consultation and introduction to my lender friend for an approval. Making your 1st purchase is exciting!! It can be exhilarating and strenuous depending on who you work with. Let me guide you through the steps to home ownership. Feel free to call me to discuss your needs; NO OBLIGATION.

Marlene
410-499-7279
Flag Tue Dec 10, 2013
Thank you Kitty for the information. I am always fascinated when a homeowner is marketing their own property when listed with a REALTOR....I hope everything works out soon for your benefit as I will keep my eye out for buyers in your area.