Pamela Dale, Both Buyer and Seller in Apple River, IL

My home is for sale in a rural vacation community so traffic is seasonal and not the same as an urban setting so is the selling tactic the same?

Asked by Pamela Dale, Apple River, IL Fri Jun 10, 2011

Answers

3
Pamela,
I am the only Realtor in Illinois to service its farm and lake house communities- literally on a statewide basis. The vacation community in Illinois is not seasonal sales. I sell and market these properties 12 months a year. I have the biggest and best marketing program pertinent to these types of properties. I do 8 Real Estate booths year-round at Sport, Ag, Boat and Outdoor Shows. My "Buying your first lake house" seminar is very popular.

Buyers find me all over the internet. Most are frustrated trying to find a steak amongst all hamburger, generic advertising. You are correct that the selling tactics are not the same. I make it easy for them to find your property and have a terrific experience.
Pamela,

Regardless of where you live, the process of selling a home has windows of higher activity than other times. If your location is a largely seasonal area it is likely that your buyer traffic will be as well. Does this mean that your home will not at other times of the year? Of course not, but the chance of having buyer activity will significantly less in the off season.

If you are considering your options as a seller, you would be well advised to make sure that you are supported by a motivated agent with a comprehensive marketing plan for your particular property.

Best wishes,

When marketing a home it is important to understand the demographic of your potential buyers. Then market to those buyers. Perhaps vacation magazines, internet sights focusing on vacation communities, local businesses where vacationers visit. If you can use direction signs from the main street to your home then you will attract the visitors driving around that may not otherwise know about your area. And the most important criteria is to price it right and make it easy to see.

All the best to you.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com