Home Selling in Sanger>Question Details

Sa157801, Other/Just Looking in Sanger, CA

My home forclosed in June 2008. When will I be able to buy another home?

Asked by Sa157801, Sanger, CA Sat Jul 14, 2012

Answers

6
This is Cindy Barnett, Realtor of Keller Williams
You will be able to purchase another home, exactly 3 years to the date of the foreclosure. On the date the HOME SOLD-NOT THE DATE OF FORECLOSURE. FIND OUT WHEN THE HOME SOLD, WAS IT 5 MONTHS AFTER THEY TOOK IT BACK, 1 YEAR, ETC....
You should be able to buy now as long as you've reestablished credit, have sufficient assets on hand and have steady verifiable income/employment.

I would suggest meeting with a lender and asking to get pre-approved. The next step is to interview some local Realtors and find yourself a good one. I've attached a link below to one of my most popular blogs here on Trulia on how to find a great Realtor wherever it is you live.

Good Luck and Happy House Hunting.
You should be able to now. But just like the rest of people buying homes you need to go to a lender first and go get qualified for a home loan. The process usually takes a couple of days. Then you will have a lender letter to hand to your Realtor to go get yourself a home.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes
(951) 821-8211
harold@socalhomes.biz
http://www.socalhomes.biz
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992
The only person that can help you figure that out is a mortgage lender. Find a recommended one in your area and schedule an appointment with them. They will look over your current financial situation with you and if you can't buy now they should be able to help you set financial goals in order to accomplish purchasing a home in the future. Good luck!
You are probably Okay now;
the word has been; 3 years on a Foreclosure:
If you need to talk to someone;
e-mail; shane@thebesthomeloans.com
honesty and integrity; I recommend him very highly.

Good luck and may God bless
Sa,
You may be able to buy now. Meet with a local mortgage lender and discuss your options. There are different lending programs with varying amount of flexibility with people post foreclosure. Much will depend on your credit, income and assets since the foreclosure, but it it's worth looking into.