Home Selling in Sacramento>Question Details

Black794, Home Seller in Sacramento, CA

My grandma has 2 mobile home in a retirement park in Plaserville Ca and she needs to sell them. What would be the best way to sell them?

Asked by Black794, Sacramento, CA Sat May 12, 2012

Answers

6
What my learned associates missed is, are they considered real estate and have their HUD tags? or are they licensed trhough the DMV and considered vehicles on blocks?

You can use an agent either way but if you decide to go the FSBO [For Sale by Owner] route it does make a bit of a dfference.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 1, 2012
I agree with the others. Use an agent who specializes in mobile homes in Placerville. One of my co-workers has sold several mobile homes in El Dorado County this year. Contact me directly and I'll set you up with him. 530-503-5225.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012
You can list them with an agent that works in that area. They will need to be priced well to sell in this market when stick built homes are so cheap.
I can send you some sold data if you wish so you and your Mom can get an idea of the market, just call or email me directly and let me know which park she is in.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012
The best thing would be to list them with an agent who specializes in mobile homes sales in that area. Many times, there is an agent who lives in the park him or herself and they are familiar with all the ins and outs. Are both mobile homes in the same park? Does your grandma still live in one of the two mobile homes? Just in case this is being handled as part of a conservatorship, make sure the agent is familiar with that type of situation.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in New Castle, DE
What my learned associate missed and may be a lttile confused by is: "are they considered real estate and have their HUD tags?"

It's not whether they do or don't have "HUD LABELS or INSIGNIAS". It's whether they have a HUD/HCD approved and certified foundation system properly installed and if so if it has an engineered certification and "Housing and Community Development Department" (HCD) required 433a documentation.

"or are they licensed trhough the DMV and considered vehicles on blocks?"

There are very few mobile homes (built before June 15, 1976) that are tagged annually by the DMV anymore. From that date on the regulation and jurisdiction of the entire MH industry was given to the HCD who has been in control of the MH's every since.

Homes that are still tagged annually by the DMV are very scarce nowadays and whether or not they have "blocks" under them is of little significance inasmuch as there are several HUD approved foundation systems throughout the USA that are on "blocks".
all true, Sacramento I am afraid is still full of the old MH's. That's why most agents don't do them and the sales prices are so low many feel it is not worth the commission for all the headaches you receive.
Flag Sat Jun 2, 2012
Frankly, I wouldn't use a RE agent at all and I are one. Unless they specialize in MH's. I'd be more inclined to use a Manufactured Home Dealer/sales person. You will probably save on the commission and will be working with someone who truly understands MH's.

Now if you select a RE professional who also has a MH sales license and understands all the nuances that relate to the MH industry that's a different story. Or if you're in an MH condo conversion where you own the dirt or air space as well that's a different story. Then you would have to use a licensed RE professional.

Check out our websites for more info. We'd be happy to direct you to a qualified MH professional in our area at no charge.

http://www.tagrealestatesales.com
http://www.onthelevelcontractors.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012