Andy, Home Buyer in 08525

My fiances parents have a home in lambertville nj they need to sell !!

Asked by Andy, 08525 Tue Mar 10, 2009

The home is valued around 600-750,000. Are homes in that price range in that area selling right now? Any statistics or comps showing what has been sold recently? They need to sell due to illness not financial reasons. Thanks for any help!!

Answers

8
Hi Andy -

Ditto to the message below.. and I would recomend that you call Bill Holt in to discuss the current market and put together a CMA and marketing plan for you! As HF notes, Bill is LOCAL to your area and has high regard here on Trulia.

Look into Bill Holt's background on Trulia, read some of his discussions and responses.
What you need to look for in a Realtor can be found right in your backyard.

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty
Office: 732-863-6969
Andy: As a realtor local to Lambertville, I can tell you that homes are selling in the area. The problem is that, while this region has seen lower price declines than almost anywhere else and we have adjusted the number on sale lower, so the supply is less, demand is not very good, mortgages, while available, have more stringent requirements than they did at the peak of the frenzy, we are finding that buyers are very cautious and that days on market for the average sale have been extended over past norms.

I'd recommend talking to a Realtor such as myself, looking at the comparables in the area, setting out a good marketing plan, including the preparation of the property properly for market and pricing it correctly, considering the competition and then going for it. Your future in-laws will not be sorry to see the place go and no one can tell you that the go-go years will be back because they're just around the corner. Your in-laws may be dead before that happens and may live a long life after this point. You never know but I believe that it will take years before we see an upward pressure in the market. We've just got too much work to do to strengthen the economy.

Best of Luck.
Andy,

Sounds like u need a LOCAL Realtor to assist in determining the most valuable forward thinking game plan considering the situation.

Most would recommend that you interview multiple realtors visit the home for an analysis. Please do not perceive this as an inconvenience to agents as this is the nature of our business. The following blog will provide you with excellent insight as how to choose the agent that is best for you. http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/12/i_ve_got_my_fin…

Sinceerely,
Francesca Patrizio, Realtor, ePro
732.606.2931
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 10, 2009
Hi Andy,
I'am a realtor with Gloria Nilson Realtors, in the Princeton office. I live in the Lambertville area. Now more than ever, you need a real estate professional who can help price your home right, highlight its best features and expose your home to the most buyers possible through high quality materials and
targeted efforts. If you would like for me to do a comparative market analysis I can be reached at cell#
609-658-1087 or e-mail rbelardo@glorianilson.com

Thank You
Robert Belardo
All of the answers are generic and my recommenedation is that you interview more than one realtor and decide who YOU feel will be honest and service YOU. Look at the data provided and do not fall for the highest price to list it at based on a promice and committment to drop the price in a few weeks. There is activity here if the rain decides to stop. I also service the area I hold a Brokers license in NJ/PA and have listed and sold properties in that area. I currently belong to the Ml's of Trend, Garden State and Leigh Valley so I can pull information from here and across the river, With over 17 years experience in real estate I may have a different perspective than my competition but current market trends and solid data I can maximize your asset. If I can be of service please contact me with no obligation or pressure to make a flash decision
Thanking you in advance
Gregory C Robinson
Andy,

Sorry to hear about the illness. Lambertville has an 18 month inventory which is calculated by dividing the total available by the number of homes that went "under contract" within the past 30 days. I calculate the inventory levels for all of Hunterdon County for the local Weidel Realtors offices. I happen to work out of the Lambertville/New Hope Regional office, so I really know the area. I also listed and sold a unit in Lamberts Hill, and we have homes listed in Rock Creek Woods and have listed homes in the Woodcrest development. Where are you getting the value of between $650K-$700K from is the important question here? Most (not all) are selling between 80-90% of the "assessed" value. I will certainly provide you with "comps" but I'll need toget a bit ore information. Is the home "in-town" or outside of the downtown area? I'll provide you with whatever information you need in order to make a good decision.
Again, sorry to hear about the illness.

Wayne Smith
Weidel Realtors
908-797-8027 cell
p.s. check out this weeks Beacon.........page 8!
Andy:

I'm a local Real Estate company Broker/Owner in Flemington (right outside Lambertville). Hunterdon County is doing well this spring and Lambertville is a desirable place to live. Prices have decreased like everywhere else so I don’t know if your home value is current or not.

If you need a market analysis done don't hesitate to call me directly. You can learn more about me and my company at http://www.MillerSalesGroup.com and at our virtual office site at http://www.JustJerseyRealEstate.

Good luck to you,

Camille Miller
Broker/Owner
Just Jersey Properties
Hi Andy,
I'm sorry to hear that your fiance's parents are ill. I suggest that they contact a realtor. Homes sell if they are priced competitively and correctly. The range that you have given is very large. A realtor will be able to help you narrow that range and assist in selling the home.
Kind regards,
Jackie