Home Selling in Killeen>Question Details

Tyterra Legg…, Both Buyer and Seller in Killeen, TX

My family will be relocating to Fort Hood in May/June. We own our home in KS and was wondering when is the best time to place it on the market?

Asked by Tyterra Leggett, Killeen, TX Thu Dec 27, 2012

Answers

3
I can have a Realtor in your area contact you to discuss how the market is doing and when would be the best time to put your house on the market also give you an estimate at how long it may take to sale. Especially if you are wanting to have your home sold before you purchase in Killeen if you decide to do that. My contact information is below just give me a call or shoot me an email if you would like for me to get you in contact with an agent in Kansas.

Have a great New Year.

Pamela Moore
Coldwell Banker United Realtor
pamela@cbunited.com
254-291-0098
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 27, 2012
Thank you! I was thinking Feb/Mar time frame as well. My house is in Lansing Kansas which is a pretty high demand area for homes in Leavenworth County. This is my first time selling and I am just looking for all the tips and trades I could find. I have been speaking with my realtor who is also with Coldwell Bankers, that sold me the house and she suggested March. I am just so nervous I will wait to long and it wont sell. I will keep you contact information for when we do relocate and start to look for homes. We have not decided just yet if we will buy or rent there.
Flag Fri Dec 28, 2012
Hello Tyterra

I would recommend you talk to a Realtor that specialize in your area, they would be able to tell you what your market price is and the average time on the market for your price range and area. In our market here in the Central Texas area, I advise my clients to list right after the holidays around February 1st, this give me and the seller 75 to 90 days to market the home and stay within the 90 to 120 market time, providing that the home is priced right and ready to move into. So if you need me to recommend you to a Great Agent in your market area, please email at kathybrinkley@hot.rr.com and I would be happy to assist you with finding the right Agent to get your home sold and get you on your way to the Fort Hood area. By the way if you're looking to purchase a home when you get here, I would be happy to take on the job of finding you and your family a home. Thank you and call or email me if you have any questions pertaining to Real Estate or the surrounding area in Central Texas.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 27, 2012
Why is it important to stay within the 90 to 120 market time?
Flag Mon Jul 14, 2014
Thank you! I was thinking Feb/Mar time frame as well. My house is in Lansing Kansas which is a pretty high demand area for homes in Leavenworth County. This is my first time selling and I am just looking for all the tips and trades I could find. I have been speaking with mt realtor that sold me the house and she suggested March. I am just so nervous I will wait to long and it wont sell. I will keep you contact information for when we do relocate and start to look for homes. We have not decided just yet if we will buy or rent there.
Flag Fri Dec 28, 2012
Hi there.If you will be moving soon, I would suggest listing it asap.It seems to me, after the Holidays people are looking.Just make sure you have a place for you to go in case you sell it before May/June, or put a contingency in the agreement that the buyer will move in around May/June.In the Winter time, there are less competition to so I think this maybe a great time for you! Good luck!

Angie Gardner, Realtor @ Chuck Fawcett Realty-Greenwood,Arkansas
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 27, 2012
Thank you! i was thinking Feb/March time frame as well. This is the first time I am selling a home so I have been searching for the best tips and techniques to sell.
Flag Fri Dec 28, 2012