Sweetneviah18, Other/Just Looking in Tarpon Springs, FL

My elderly father has several waterfront lots. 1 in weeki wachee located on a canal and 5 more on the suwanne river. They are not very large, big

Asked by Sweetneviah18, Tarpon Springs, FL Tue Feb 9, 2010

enough to put a house on each. I'm trying to help him sell it so he can have a nice little retirement that he deserves. I am having trouble figuring out where the best place to advertise would be, or if it would be worth the money to spring for a realtor. any advice would be appreciated. Thank You

Answers

11
As far as selling on your own, you can try http://www.Craigslist.com. It's free advertising. Probably best to hire a Realtor to help and it will be money well spent. Go to http://www.Realtor.com and see which Realtors are doing business in those areas and find one to help you.
Hi Sweetneviah,

Please email me the information on the lots, addresses and location.
I may be interested in speaking to you about them.

Thanks!
Oh yes a Realtor that knows the area would give you some very good exposure. Exposure is a big plus on selling those water front properties.
Mark has a handle on whats is going on!!!
It is next to impossible to sell vacant land in this market and probably will remain difficult for years. Sorry, but he missed the bubble. Go see a realtor and talk to them in person. Doesn't cost anything.
Sweet....that what I think when I hear 'waterfront' in any sentence. Yes, vacant land is harder to market, but waterfront...that's a different story!

Good news about Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor, Dunedin and Clearwater is that we get lots and lots of visitors from the 'lands-of-the-frozen-chosen' who come to realize..."I can live like this everyday!" This is important to realize when creating a plan for your waterfront properties.

Obviously, I would suggest taking advantage of the marketing expertise of a real estate professional. However, if you are committed to doing this yourself for your father, you do have options. Drop me an email and we can chat about the appeal and message to use and where to put it.
Web Reference: http://www.MyDunedin.com
This is a difficult market for vacant land. Hiring the right Realtor should make the process easier and get you a higher price in less time. Be sure to interview 3 agents and select one that has experience selling land. Best wishes on selling the property for your father.

Martha
Web Reference: http://MarthaVasquez.com
Please email me the info on the properties--I may have potential buyers for at least one lot, depending on exactly where they are located. email HelpSaveHomes at gmail.com

Also, check postlets.com and craigslist, in addition to this site and zillow you can get a lot of exposure that way. I do agree with the other Realtos who answered here, however--this market is not one for DIY sellers, unless you have some experience!

I can plug it into my referral network as well if you like, to see if I can find anyone 'recommendable' up there--I have not had much luck in the past with Citrus County, however.
Sweetneviah18,

Interview agents that specialize in that area. Land is even more difficult to sell on your own. It is north of where I work, but my mother did live in Timber Pines in Springhill. I worked with another agent on my Mom's home. She was very knowlegable in the area and professional.. Her name is Cheryl Burnett. Her email & number are: homes@cherylburnett.com (352-650-6469). Hope this is helpful and good luck.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, CDM
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
Contact a few realty offices, interview some agents and choose the one you like best--he/she will best market the properties for you--keep in mind commissions are negotiable and there are no set standards.
Best way to sell is to find a local Realtor (I am NOT local to these spots). They will know the Value of the property so that it is priced right.

If giving seveal listings I would ask him to lower his rate on his share. (NOT THE BUYERS SIDE) Example if his rate is 10% ask him to give 5% to the Buyers agent and take 3% for himself 8% total.

VERY hard market to sell in!!!!

John
352-978-4539