Home Selling in 67460>Question Details

Kelly, Home Seller in 67460

My agent recently left the company that has my house listed, and I want to move my listing to the new company that she is working for. Can I do that?

Asked by Kelly, 67460 Sat May 8, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


HI kelly...............Have a chat with the Broker, and see if they will release you from the listing agreement. You will need an undconditional release in order to relist with another company.

Understandably, the Broker may offer to assign another agent to work on your listing.
If you make enough of a fuss, you just might get your release as an offer of goodwill.
The agent who left the company could offer to pay a referral fee to the original broker, so they can recoup whatever marketing costs they incurred ( you didn't say how long the home has been listed). It's jjust a suggestion.

Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 8, 2010
A reasonable person would let you move your listing. There is no point of working with someone you don't want to work with. It is bad for you and the broker as well. Talk to them and express your concern.
Web Reference: http://www.teanwong.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 8, 2010
It's up to the supervising broker, but usually, they let you do it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 21, 2013
Yes. Just let the listing Broker know you want to withdrawl your home. This should not be a problems with most Brokers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
do you realize you answered a 3.5 year old question?
Flag Mon Oct 21, 2013
The broker has a reputation to uphold so most likely the listing will go with the agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 17, 2010
All good answers. In Kansas, the listing belongs to the broker, even if the agent signed it on behalf of the broker. In all likelihood, the broker will release the listing (unconditionally) and you may re-list with the new broker the agent works for. Call the real estate office and start "at the top."
Web Reference: http://topekahomesearch.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 9, 2010
Technically no, but I'm sure if you spoke to the broker of record at the current listing office they would release the listing upon your request. Good Will travels far!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 9, 2010
Hi Kelly,

....probably not. Your listing agreement is with the brokerage and so you will likely be bound to remain with that firm until the listing expires. If it expires without selling, then you can list with your agent and her new brokerage.

If your listing expires before she moves and you want to keep the process going without listing with her current brokerage, she can coordinate with her new brokerage on ways to accomplish that. Talk with your agent about options.

Good luck and thank your for recognizing that in the end, it is the agent, not the firm that sells your home. I believe that to my core - a strong brokerage will support a great agent, but will not make a weak agent great.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 9, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer