I am reaching out to you through the trulia answer site as I want to make sure you have received my emails that I sent you. I know that sometimes company email addresses will filter out email addresses from yahoo, hotmail and other non-corporate email domains.
I am available to talk to you whenever it is convenient for you. Please feel free to give me a call at your earliest convenience on my cell phone at 626-354-3813.
I look forward to the opportunity to work with you in getting this home sold.
Axiom Real Estate / Axiom Lending Group
On average prices have declined since that appraisal, so you can count on it being worth less.
The question I think you need to ask is "what is the Fair Market Value"? If you are thinking of selling it and want to know the approximate selling price in the current market, a sharp Realtor will want to know three things:
1. Investigate the property itself
2. Compare to like properties both on and off the market
3. Discuss your personal situation (and the trust) regarding timing, preparation (is this an "as is" sale or are there tweaks that you can do to maximize the value?
If you'd like more help you can contact me via my profile.
I am not from your area but the answer is the same all over. "So many things have changed since Jan. 08, with the mortgage crisis, foreclousres up, short sales, over inventory of homes and on and on, there is only two ways to know for sure with the current market conditions.
1. Pick a good professional realtor and have them do a CMA, which should be easy and should be done for you at no chage to you with the potential for the agent listing it for you.
2. Hire a licensed appraiser and pay them to do a professional apprasail and then keep the copy for potenial use with a buyer.
1.try to sell it by owner, the fact are that by owner attracts low ball offers and marginal buyer and you will end up with less net than you will if you pay a realtor a fee to professional Realtor.
2. If you have a professional apprasail, do not show it to the potential buyer unless it is to your benefit to do so! "ie, the offer is way low and you can show the apprasail with a counter offer". Your professional Realtor should know all this.
Keller Williams Realty, Waxahachie, TX
I grew up in Temple City as a child...right around the corner from Pal Mal on Olive Street. I know the area very well!
Without knowing the condition and size of both the home and garage/apartment it is an assumption that this sounds about right...maybe somewhat low given the property size. The average for the Temple City area is hovering right around $600,000.
If you have any other questions I can answer or be of assistance in selling this property for you, please do not hesitate to email or call me directly.
Thank you and have a great day!
Axiom Real Esate