Taby87, Home Seller in Arlington Heights, F...

My Family Owns a house at 3712 El Campo Fort Worth 76107. We are wanting to get rid of it after my father passed it does need work.

Asked by Taby87, Arlington Heights, Fort Worth, TX Mon May 21, 2012

We have had Investor company's come in and they are offering less than what the land alone is worth. Someone came it and renovated the house across the street in worse condition than ours and got $300,000 for it. How do i get the most for this property without having to fix it up ourselves?

Answers

19
John Straub’s answer
Wow, a lot of great answers here. My approach though would be this, if you don't fix the home before selling it, the investor who gave you the low price may be right in his assesment. Some of the bungelows in that area date back to the 1930's, so these homes can require major renovation to sell. From the investors point of view he or she will incur those costs, plus the cost of buying and the cost of carry and then ultimately the cost of reselling the property and they want to make a profit. Even if you find a buyer who intends to purchase their costs will be significant and they will likely offer accordingly. I think your best course of action is to consider to renovating the home. These homes once restored are highly sought after and can yield a significant return on the cost of renovation. I suggest you call a licensed contractor first to get an idea of the actual cost of renovation before you rush to sell, it could really be worth it!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 23, 2012
It is such an emotional toll to sell a family home and I am sorry for your loss. I have worked 35 years as a full time realtor in Fort Worth so if you want an honest opinion I will be glad to run by and tell you what I think. I am not a discount realtor but personal service and tending to business is why 99% of my business today is repeat from years and years ago.
I love that area and yes....all fixed up it will be someone's home to love for a long time.
There is a strategy for maximizing the value.

Debbie Scrimshire
dscrimshir@aol.com
817 980-1047
I cant believe all of the auto-responding sales pitches that this question generated. The Trulia Voices forum would be so much more valuable for consumers if agents were willing to tackle questions head-on.
Give me a call to schedule an appointment at 817.690.6094 and I can answer your question.
I can do you a full service listing for 4.5 %. I can also offer your buyer a $500 cash rebate if they use me as their buyer's agent. What an incentive! Give me 90 days, that's all I ask for. If I don't sell your home I walk away and you owe me $0. I also like having multiple open houses as well in order to increase talk and visibility.
I am a degreed professional with a Bachelor's degree from TCU and a Master's degree from UNT. Give me a call and let's get your home SOLD!
Did you get your home listed yet?

Most of my clients are able to sell quick because they are able to sell for less commissions starting as low as $99 if you go with a FSBO style listing to a maximum of 1% with full realtor services, 4% overall if you offer the buyer's agent 3%.

Bottom line is homes are moving super fast now while interest rates are low, no telling what they will do over the next 6 months, more than likely remain super low. I sold a home in 21 days and it closed last week.

I'll help any way I can.

Nathan Beckey, Northwest Fort Worth Realtor

(m) 817.691.3602 (e) nathan@exclusivepropertiestexas.com

More Options. More Results.

check us out online http://www.exclusivepropertiestexas.com
I know the area well and currently have 5720 El Campo listed right now.

The best option is to select one of my listing plans starting at $99 and get some immediate traffic through the MLS via realtor searches, Realtor.com, Trulia.com, Zillow.com and all the real estate sites with IDX links, i.e. all major real estate brokers.

This is a very unique area as you know.

Investors all work the same math problem to give you an offer, .65 x ARV (after repair value) - repairs. They want houses cheap so can they can still sell for less than market value and make a profit after repairs.

It really depends on the location and layout. People can repair condition much cheaper than they can change the layout.

Call anytime to discuss or check us out on the web at http://www.exclusivepropertiestexas.com since we have more affordable listing options that any other real estate broker in the metroplex.

I personally live in north Fort Worth and can arrange to meet at the property when convenient if you are not currently working with another agent.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Nathan Beckey, Realtor
(m) 817.691.602 (e) nathan@exclusivepropertiestexas.com

More Options. More Results.
"MEETING YOUR NEEDS AND EXCEEDING YOUR DREAMS!"

I would be happy to assist you in any which way possible. Give me a ring today if you are not currently under representation and I will schedule a convient time to come out and assess your property. With proper representation you truly get what you pay for in many circumstances. Keller Williams Realty is #1 in the dfw area.

Real Estate Consultant/3xUS Army Vet
Joseph Fernandez
cell: 817-975-7258
off: 817-635-1157
email: blissfulestates84@gmail.com
http://www.blissful-estates.com
If you are still interested, I would like to schedule an appointment to view the home. My company only charges 4.5% commission and I only sign with you for 90 days. If I don't sell your home in 90 days, I walk away and you pay $0!!!

817-729-6630
I consider talking about commission rates on a public forum to be inappropriate and unprofessional. Just an fyi
Flag Mon Jul 16, 2012
To the family:

There have been several good answers here in this forum. Many are redundant. None of them knew your father, or has any idea of what you are going through at this time. But it is good that you are getting advice from professional Realtors.

I have a very dear friend who lives on that block, so I visit there a lot. I have been selling houses around F.W. for over 32 years. If you need any more advice, or just want a second opinion, I would be happy to give it to you at no charge. I'm sure my friend will have known your father.

Selling an old house without doing any updating can be tricky. But I can't answer this question without seeing the interior of the house. Please contact me for an appointment.

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

======================

rickdevoss@realtor.com
A licensed Texas REALTOR should be able to give you more concrete data of home values in the neighborhood, after viewing the property. I have been a full time licensed Texas Realtor for 11 years. I'll be glad to furnish you with current sales activity.Please send an email to me @ dennisstanley.ebby.com
Let an experienced REALTOR view it and tell you exactly what you can sell it for. I would be happy to help you. Just call me at 817.690.6094 to schedule an appointment.
Hello.

I can’t answer that without seeing the property. I am familiar with that area. There is a wide range of value depending on condition, size, and location. If you would like for me to give you a more accurate opinion of value in it’s as is condition give me a call and I would be happy to talk with you.

John Reaves
817-789-5542 (cell)
817-920-7700 (office)
john.findfortworthhome.com
I have a ton of questions to ask in order to assist as listing agent. Many ways to stage a home without the expense.

Contact my office today
Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Leigh Crates, Agent, Fort Worth, TX

Good Morning,
I am so sorry for your loss. It makes things so much more difficult if you feel taken advantage of.
I have helped several friends do some minor updates on their homes . It is amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do for a well lived in home. I would love to come over and take a look at the house and suggest some ideas for cosmetic updates without spending too much time or money.
I have lived in this arlington heights neighborhood for over 25 years and think I have a good feel for what works in these older homes.
Please give me a call or email me and we can schedule a time that is convenient for you.

Leigh Crates
817-366-4152
leigh@brants.com

BRANTS REALTORS
5201 Camp Bowie Blvd #100
Fort Worth, TX 76107
If you want to sell the property in as is condition and will not fix it up, you may be limiting the types of buyers who can get mortgage financing for your home. If the home is in very poor condition it may only qualify for a cash buyer. I am familiar with FHA 203K rehab loans. I could help you market this loan option to potential owner occupant buyers who do not have the upfront money to do the repairs after closing. This is a great loan program that allows the buyer to roll in up to $35,000 worth of repairs into their mortgage loan as long as the home appraises for the sale price plus the repair loan amount. There are not many lenders who offer this type of loan, but I have a couple that I work with. I have already closed 2 of these types of loans this year.

A few tips after you take posession of the property make sure to change the locks and forward the mail to your address. Plan to annually update the forwarding address for a few years to keep it from expiring. You never know who may contact the deceased, especially around the holidays. Then, you can let them know what happened. Receiving the mail will help you figure out who creditors are, too, whether payments were current and if there are subscriptions you need to cancel. Make sure to keep the homeowner's insurance policy effective until the day the home closes. If the furniture is old or worn, get rid of it. Don't leave it in the house because it will detract from the sale. If there is carpeting over wood floors, expose the wood floors and, if necessary, refinish the floors.

Check out Alexander Chandler Realty's marketing video to see how we market your home to get your home sold quickly for top dollar. http://www.alexanderchandlervideo.com/

Alexander Chandler Realty is the largest independently owned real estate brokerage in Fort Worth, and was awarded the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year Award in 2010. Our office is located at 6336 Camp Bowie Blvd, which is right down the road from your home on El Campo. I am very familiar with this neighborhood.

Please give me a call if I can be of assistance.
Britta Hinze
817-422-2945
Please give me a call at 817 366-9111 and we can discuss your options with the property. I went thru the exact same thing when my father passed and I had to sell the house for my mother.
We would need to do a market analysis of the neighborhood based on square feet and condition. That would give us an idea of what the homes have sold for in the past few months in order to price this one.

You can offer it "as is" in the Multiple Listing Service, but the price needs to reflect that if the condition is poor. The other option is to hire a contractor to repair the most important issues in order to gain top dollar for the home.

If there are structural or safety issues, buyers might not be able to finance a loan to purchase it. For example - severe foundation or roof repairs might prevent this. Cash buyers tend to only buy at low price points. If the repairs are cosmetic or updating, the buyer could do those after closing.

Let me know if you would like me to evaluate the home and provide a market analysis for you.
Have a great week!
Sandra McCormick
817-929-2278
http://www.sandra.findfortworthhome.com
I have sold approximately 3 homes in the Chamberlain Arlington Heights area. I would be happy to discuss selling your father's home with you. Please email me at deb@deb-jones.com to discuss when a good time to sit down together and figure out all your options. Thank you, Deb Jones