Home Selling in Sacramento>Question Details

Richard, Home Seller in Sacramento, CA

May I know how can I list my house for sale in zip 95831 (walking G Didion Elementary), my realtor listed in other website but not Trulia.?

Asked by Richard, Sacramento, CA Sun Jan 16, 2011

Also, when is the typical hot selling time (more buyer) of the year ? It seems alittle slow.

Answers

17
TerriVellios.Com’s answer
Richard, if your agent has your home listed on the MLS and they have checked the box to sydicate it to the internet, any internet which pulls from the MLS should include your home. The largest website is http://www.Realtor.com. Although there are several agents and listings on Trulia, it is not the first place buyers look for a home. It is just one of them.

I have had issues with Trulia getting my listings up and running and any changes made when needed (even now some of my expired and sold listings still show as active). There some areas which your agent has no control over, such as FREE websites, this being Zillow, Movoto, Trulia. Honestly the biggest factor in getting your home sold is as follows

1) It needs to be priced below market
2) Needs to be on the MLS and sydicated to Realtor.com
3) Your home must be in showing condition
4) You need to make it easy to show
5) Your agent needs to be responsive

If all that is being done you should have an offer. If not have a conversation with your agent and see where your agent has control or you have control over the top 5 above.

Web Reference: http://terrivellios.com
Richard,

I dont think that the reason your house has not sold is because it is not on Truila. You should get with your realtor and go over your marketing and pricing strategy to see if there is some opportunity for improvement.
Have your agent manually enter it on Trulia, and this should not take long. Try suggesting a service like List Hub to your agent for ease of exposure on mulitple sites, which will benefit you.
I agree with Ute. I don't believe there's direct link from MLS to Trulia, unless your agent's brokerage has an affiliation with Trulia, like we at Realty Executives have, among some others. Still, Iike to list my properties directly myself because the brokerage linkage may have some restrictive rules. For example, a home that moves to short sale cont. status will not be displayed on Trulia when fed through the affiliation posting. If I post manually, I control when it goes off site (as long as it hasn't expired.

If you've had your home listed since October, though, I don't think your issue is exposure to Trulia. I would recheck your comparative market analysis (CMA) and make sure you are pricing it correctly for the market, and I would also make sure that any internet postings have not expired. 3 months on the market you may be priced too high as there are definitely buyers out there....
Web Reference: http://www.suearcher.com
To my knowledge, the MLS does not syndicate to Trulia, which means that the agent has to either manually enter it or he has another service that does synidcate to Trulia (and many other online real estate forums). I used to belong to Keller Williams and when I entered my listings on my KW website, it was automatically syndicated to Trulia and other sites. Many Realtor website companies, virtual tour and individual property website services will broadcast agent listings to Trulia. Only real estate agents can get properties listed on Trulia. So, just tell your agent you want him/her to market it on Trulia. It's not difficult to do.

As for the best time to have your property on the market. It used to be that late fall and winter were typically slow months for real estate, but these days, I would say that the serious buyers are looking all year. Sellers may not want to disrupt their lifes during the holiday season in December, but many sellers don't really have the luxury of choosing when they want to put their house on the market because their financial situation dictates when to sell. We also see a surge in buyers when there are special incentives such as tax credits or first time buyer programs and buyer closing cost assistance help. Is the house you are selling priced right? All the marketing in the world won't does not do a lot of good if the house is not competitively priced. Have you had any showing feedback from agents who did show the house?

Good luck to you.

Ute Ferdig
Broker-Owner
DRE # 01326917
Ferdig Real Estate Solutions
916-751-1267
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in Newcastle, CA
Richard...

I had to just chime in here with a little promotion for the Realty World Northern California system which I'm a part of.

I don't know about other companies like, oh, Lyon and Associates, but when you put your property on the market with us... you get preferred treatment on Trulia and Zillow and quite a few others...

Here's the link to the other national websites that your listing would have automatically been posted to.

http://www.rwnetwork.com/Content/Marketing_Docs/NLD_Program/…

Just a little shameless promotion...

I hope this helps...

Make it a great day...
Your agent can go into to Trulia and claim or add the listing. I think Trulia gets feed from the real estate companies not the MLS- maybe someone from Trulia could tell us for sure. If your agent's company does not feed directly to Trulia, she may have to manually add the property and pictures or use Postlets and feed it out to mutlple sites at once including Google..

The bad weather was keeping buyers away post holiday, but it seems activity is picking up again. Good luck.

As an aside this is a good question for sellers to ask at the listing appointment - what websites do you post listings on?
If your home went on the market in October, and it is not on Trulia, then you need to have a conversation with your Realtor, and they should follow up with Trulia.

Mechelle Gooch
Lyon Real Estate
916 955-8698
It is not unusual to have hiccups in listings making Trulia. I have had it happen several times. It can be manually entered. I have also contacted Trulia when this has happened and they have been more than helpful is solving the issue. We would like to think that the internet works like a well oiled machine, but sometimes we need to add a little grease. This was no fault of your Realtor. As other Realtors have already mentioned, the buyers market seems to be year-round since incentives, great interest rates and increasing inventory makes it irresistable to finally make that commitment to purchase a home. Good luck on your home selling quickly!
Web Reference: http://www.PaulaSwayne.com
Oct- April are slow selling months for any home across the country

Realtor needs to list your home on Trulia discuss that with your listing agent

Listing agent should provide you stat's on home sales

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
My house was listed in Oct 2010 (MLS) ! .... and it is not yet in Trulia ! What's going on ??!
By the way, does it help by putting the listing up Google real-estate ? where you check the google map and it has a feature to turn on the house for sale in the map. I tried to do it in Google but not much luck.
Hope it can attract more buyers come over.
Thanks !
It takes a few days for a new listing to show up on Trulia. If you have checked, and it is on the mls, http://(www.metrolistmls.com) it should show up.

As for your 2nd question, we used to be able to say that there tended to be more buyers spring and summer. The past few years, it seems we have seen buyer interest throughout the year. It does still seem like we get an uptick in listings in the spring and summer.

I can tell you that the average days on market for your zip code for December was 117 days. November was 119, both months higher than July, August, September and October, which were all under 81days on market. For reference, same time last year, December 2009 was 51 days, and January 2010 was 83 days on market.

Mechelle Gooch
Lyon Real Estate
If it's in your local MLS, it should eventually make it on here. It may take a few days for Trulia to pick it up. This time of year is typically very slow. Things start picking up in March. Good luck!
That's strange then. My house did go up to MLS listing and in Movoto and redfin. But not Trulia. Maybe should contact customer service in Trulia ? : )
Thanks !
Trulia pulls listing automatically. Your agent doesn't need to do anything to get the listing on Trulia unless, for some reason, your agent doesn't belong to MLS, which would be very strange. Some large real estate brokerages like, oh, Lyon Real Estate, for example, get top priority at Trulia and featured listings. But all in all, Trulia takes a couple of days to make changes and to feature new listings. That's the downside. It's not a "real time" website, I guess.

Elizabeth Weintraub
Broker-Associate #00697006
Lyon Real Estate
My realtor just would take a while for her to put it up, and I think it is just excuse. Of course I'm could not fire her because she don't put it for listing in Trulia.
You can not list it as the owner, but your realtor could certainly list your home at no cost here on Trulia. They can sign up for a free account and add your listing
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com