Home Selling in Fort Wayne>Question Details

Eric.s.heinz, Home Buyer in Eden Prairie, MN

Market for $300k homes in Columbia City.

Asked by Eric.s.heinz, Eden Prairie, MN Sat Jan 5, 2013

What has your experience been with buyers in the $300k price range in Columbia City? As an orthopedic exec, I was drawn to Columbia City because of the better commute time from Ft. Wayne, and the ability to be insulated from the risk of buying a home in the Warsaw microeconomy. Proximity to Oak Farm Montessori was also something we considered, as well as the ability to own a large parcel of land in the country.

How can we increase the number of showings at our home at 1330 E. 600 N.?
Thanks!
Eric

Answers

2
aperlich’s answer
Hi Eric,

Saw that you may be looking for a home in Columbia City? We have a home that we are going to be listing in Churubusco which is approx 10 mi east of Columbia City. It is a very nice home on two acres, 6years old, custom built. If you have any interest let me know and I will give you more details. Thanks, Amy
aperlich@msn.com
Eric, seeing as your question comes from Eden Prairie, MN, I wonder if the home is still occupied? I see that it is listed, so as a fellow Realtor I really can't give you any specifics at this time. I can say that the market in NE Indiana for homes at that price level, tends to be a tough one because people with that kind of income very often choose to build exactly what they want rather than purchase an existing home. It is not uncommon for sales times to stretch to 18 months. Should your current listing experience prove to be unsuccessful, please feel free to contact me, Ken Scheffler, "The Bulldog Real Estate Agent." Tenacious, Committed, Loyal and Best of All, "House-trained!" at BulldogREAgent.biz@gmail.com or (260) 450-0794. In the meantime, best of luck with your current Broker.
Thank you. We'd also consider renting it to an executive.
Flag Sat Jan 5, 2013