Jan Hak, Home Buyer in San Diego County, CA

MLS was updated over a week ago, but Trulia does not reflect the change, how do we get this updated.

Asked by Jan Hak, San Diego County, CA Tue Apr 24, 2012

Answers

11
Hi Jan,

You can update the information on Trulia directly.

On this home's property detail page, click "More" and then click "Report Error" You will be able to provide the most up to date information right there and then, and it will be immediately taken by our Customer Service team who will then make the necessary changes.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help,

Andrew
Community Manager, Trulia Voices
andrew@trulia.com
Hi Jan,
I would say to ask your Realtor. We have the ability to update where needed but most of the info is updated via the MLS. If there is an issue, Trulia can also be contacted bv you agent.

Best of Luck!
Frank Dolski
hi Jan,

The only ones with the real time information are the Realtors, sites like trulia and others help a little bit, but we are the ones with access to the MLS, contact us

Hector R. Gastelum
Realty Executives Dillon
REALTOR #01382940
hectorgastelum@yahoo.com
619-954-2225
125*142*10754
efax 619-270-2516
This is one of the frustrating aspects of Trulia, and many other websites like it. One on the site, the only way to change or remove it (when sold) is for the listing agent to go in and make the change.

Because of this extra step involved, many agents forget to make the changes and information is outdated. For the most up-to date information on any given home, it is best to rely directly on the MLS or a Realtor's website which is directly fed fromt he MLS.
Thank you
Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012
Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012
The listing agent needs to log into their Trulia account (or create one if they don't have one) and update the information themselves manually by clicking on the listing and updating it. Trulia will leave it active usually until this is done. Only the listing agent can do it. Hope this helps.

Alice Greliak
Atlantic & Pacific Real Estate
http://www.buynlistsandiego.com
Thank you
Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012
Jan,
Unfortunately, third party sites may or may not contain accurate information about a listing. The only absolute source for listings is Sandicor's MLS. Syndicated sites like Redfin, Trulia, etc. take information from the MLS and feed it into their sites. Sometimes things are missed. Zillow is probably the worst about staying on top of the data, while Redfin is pretty much the best out there. If you're looking for updated MLS data I'd be happy to send you the listing for the property you're referring to in your request. If this is your home then your agent can provide this information to you. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Jeff Rosa
Allen & Rosa
Thank you
Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012
Hi Jan,
This is a common issue with Trulia. Trulia does not have contracts with all MSL groups in the USA. So they get the information from many other sources. If this is your home then I suggest you ask your agent to work directly with Trulia to update the records. They will support the listing agent.
If your a buyer then I suggest you work with an agent who has the access. I would be happy to help in this case. Just give me a call (760-265-1948)
Best Regards
Mike Frankfather
Thank you
Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012
Hi Jan,

There is a customer service department you can write at Trulia to assist.

Otherwise, it takes time for changes that feed from the MLS to the wide variety of website that display the information.

Best of luck,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Home Listing Specialists
Home Valuation Specialist
Land Listing, Acquisitions & Consulting
Serving Greater San Diego
Thank you
Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012
Not a problem Jan, I'm here to assist. Please feel free to email or call me if you need the most updated current status on a property. I can send you the most current and any additional info that you may need. I look forward in assisting and bieng your realtor.
Thank you
Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012
Go to http://www.dukesrealty.com and on left margin and 2nd or third drop box down, you can access MLS for current status of listings. David Dukes daviddukes@hotmail.com
Thank you
Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012
Check the listing to see where Trulia got it from. Often it comes from another source than the mls directly. The source might not have been updated. Example. Trulia gets a lot of listing from homes magazine ads and if you entered one there and it has not updated then Trulia might also not have been updated by the magazine.
Thank you
Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012
Thank you
Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012