Home Selling in West Chester>Question Details

Sgfwestchest…, Home Seller in West Chester, PA

Looking to put up our house for sale in the spring. Job requires relocation. Any realtor very familiar with the Canterbury neighborhood in west?

Asked by Sgfwestchester, West Chester, PA Thu Mar 8, 2012

chester pa 19380. Any advice on market condition in this area

Answers

10
I'm familiar with Canterbury. I've done a few sales in there in my 12 years. It's a nice neighborhood. But there are many many neighborhoods in West Chester with that look and feel. There's one on sale presently. New Construction 2900 sq feet. 1.80 acres. It's Listed at 496,900 . Of course we have to ask ourselves, why are they building 1 new home in a neighborhood that was built from 1987-1990 . Because the lot wasn't preferable at the time. Maybe a neighbor split his lot and sold it. We will ask those questions. Then you have to consider resale value down the road. If you're still looking around, and haven't connected with anyone yet, feel free to call me or browse my website. I'm very bright, casual, great personality. I consider your money , like my money. We like to part with as little as possible while getting what we want. I just settled on 2 properties in March. Next one is May. Good Luck in whatever you decide.
The lot in Canterbury on Cotswold Lane having new construction is because of a house fire that destroyed the orignal builder's house.
Flag Wed Mar 21, 2012
I applaud you for approaching your need for a Realtor in this manner. Let's face it, everyone begins their shopping on the internet and what better than a big real estate web site like Trulia!
In fact, I use Zillow, Realtor.com and my own web site http://www.HomeYours.com. to advertise homes for sale as well as the traditional methods. When you google "Real Estate or Homes for Sale in West Goshen, PA" my web site appears at the top. Try it! Other Realtors with properties to sell in West Goshen want to be able to advertise on my site for that reason alone.

You will want a Realtor who is local, who knows what people do when they live in West Goshen. I have lived in West Goshen for 17 years and I have sold many homes in the area. I market to Buyers who want the quality of life that comes in one of the best places to live in the COUNTRY. This year we ranked 25 in the nation, the past two years it was 111th and 12th. I can send you the link.
I can sell your home for you and know Canterbury very well.
I am also a relocatioon specialist and just had a settlement this week with folks who moved to Minnesota. I am sure they will give you a reference about their experience.
I can sell your home.

Arleen Pecone
http.//www.HomeYours.com
610 405 3074
REMAX Main Line-West Chester
Arleen@HomeYours.com
I hope this is a pleasant move for you and your family.
As all the previous posts stated Canterbury is a very stable and desirable neighborhood with very low inventory.
You can check out my link below to find out how your home would compare to other homes and how the market is doing in your ZIP. (See web reference)
In order to give you a detailed Market Analysis I would have to come by and see your home.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Welcome Home
Martina Lothert
REALTOR® ABR SFR
Keller Williams Real Estate
100 Campbell Blvd. Suite 106
Direct: 610-883-2739
Office: 610-363-4300x1956
martina@ml-realestate.com
LivingInChesterCountyPA.com
West Chester is a highly desirable area to live in and an area that has not been hit as hard as others when the market crashed. Canterbury is a neighborhood with low turnover which means when a home becomes available in that type of neighborhood in an area like West Chester they are usually easy to market and also easy to sell depending on proper pricing and condition of the home. You would probably be looking as somewhere in the mid to upper 400's for pricing. However, I would need to see the home for an accurate assessment. My office is in West Chester- I would be happy to come see it and do a detailed CMA and discuss a marketing plan for your home... this is a great time to sell.. interest rates are very low and the most number of buyers are typically out between Feb and June.. please call or email me if I can be of assistance.
Thank you
Teri Gabrys, REALTOR, MBA
CENTURY 21 Alliance
709 E Gay St
West Chester, PA 19335
610-212-0293(cell) 610-696-1100 (office)
theresa.gabrys@century21.com
As most agents have already answered your questions about Canterbury, I would like to add that I am a certified relocation realtor and ranked in the top 8% of market share leaders in Chester County. I am familiar with all market conditions throughout the area and know best how to market and sell your home to the most qualified buyer. The majority of my listings are sold in half the time of the average for the area, and sell within 97% of asking price. I would be happy to provide a comparable market analysis of your property to compare it to other similiar properties in the West Goshen area.
Web Reference: http://LAsellsPA.com
As has been said one home presently on the market in Canterbury on Cotswold Lane. Last settled home in the development was on Cromwell Ln back in May 2011. You are in a popular area in the West Chester School District. I live about 2 miles south of you near the Exton Train Station. I have been a Realtor for 28 years. If you need to contact me please do not hesitate to call my cell or email me anytime.

Ed Tedeschi
Cell: 484.354.0453
ETedes@aol.com
Web Reference: http://www.EdTedeschi.com
I have clients looking in the area right now. No resales on the market in Canterbury only the new construciton on the one lot. Prices run for the low to high $400,000's. Tell me more about your house. Every realtor will need to see the house and location within the development before they can tell you an estimated sale price.
288 Cromwell Ln sold for $480,000 3/25/20111 with over 3,000 square feet, updated kitchen with granite counters, large island, maintenance free Trex deck, 50 year roof warranty, new siding, kitchen/breakfast/sun room addition with gazebo & hot tub and finished basement

Linda Burgwin
Realtor ® ABR / EPRO/Relocation Specialist
Long and Foster Real Estate
92 Lancaster Ave. Devon,PA 19333Office: 610-225-7400
Cell: 484-716-0163 Email: lgbhomes@aol.com
It is only a Buyer's Market If You BUY
Hi.
Canterbury is a lovely neighborhood. There are currently 2 other homes for sale in your neighborhood and two receint resales indicating stability, which of course is desirable. Also, this is a very active price range at the present time, so this may be a good opportunity for you. Please feel free to contact me directly with any specific questions. Best of luck. -Ed
There is currently one home in the neighborhood on the market right now. It was a rebuild of a home destroyed by fire. Priced at $496,900. The market in general has been picking up, inventory of homes has dropped significantly since November December.

Interest rates are great, so selling now as confidence in the housing market begins to rise is a good position to be in. It will be all about pricing and marketing to achieve your goals. I would be happy to meet with you and discuss your marketing options. Feel free to contact me through my website shown below.
Web Reference: http://www.VandekarTeam.com
Canterbury is a very desirable West Goshen neighborhood with sales, in the last two years, ranging from $408,000- 480,000. There have been 4 houses sold during this period, indicating it is a stable neighborhood that tends to retain its owners. This price range fits well into the demographic currently active in this market. Like any neighborhood, conditoin and amenities are important. You are welcome to contact me for an evaluation. Best of luck with the process.