Home Selling in Williamstown>Question Details

Karwitt01, Home Seller in Williamstown, NJ

Looking to put my home on the market in Williamstown, NJ. I was wondering what the average commission rate was. Thanks!

Asked by Karwitt01, Williamstown, NJ Thu Jan 10, 2013

Laquita Baez’s answer
Commissions are always negotiated between the seller and the broker. Though the average may be around 6%. Interview a couple realtors in your area and pay close attention to their marketing plan and strategy they pitch to you.. The services they offer you will help you to negotiate the commission rate.

Best with getting your home sold!

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in NJ and GA
Weichert Realtors

My family and I actually live in Williamstown and find it to be a great community! I would be happy to have an informal conversation with you regarding the process of selling your home, the fees involved and give you an idea of where the market in the South Jersey area is headed. I am happy to also give you insight on some inexpensive improvements that may help get your home sold. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience so I can lay all the options out for you. I look forward to hearing from you. I can be reached on my cell 609-350-0096 or email me at kristina@findasouthjerseyhome.com

If you want to focus on what your average closing cots to you as the Seller, it would be around 7% including commissions, state transfer tax, deed prep. If you use an attorney, add another $800-1,000. to that figure. Also figure into your costs some monies for repairs a s a result of inspections unless you sell the home "as is". A Realtor can give you a breakdown of costs once you identify an asking price and provide the Realtor with your mortgage balance (if you still owe on the home).
Good question. But the broader question is how to best maximze your return on your investment. Commission and other hard costs, are just one part of the selling matrix. I've always found that whats most important is what you will net at closing. And there are a myriad of variables there.

Kenneth Weidler Broker Associate
Prudential Fox and Roach Realtors

Hello Karwitt01,
Thanks for your question.
Commissions are negotiable in NJ so talk to your selected Realtor about it. Please know that o,n a regular basis if the Realtor that list your home gets an offer from a Realtor from another office and you accept it he/she will split the commission in half.
Your Realtor will incur in a variety of charges for marketing your home, preparing advertising ads, Open Houses, websites, appointments, etc.
Let me know if need any assistance 609-313-8518 or inesdelacruz@remax.net.
Best of luck,
Ines De La Cruz, Realtor, ABR, CRS
RE/MAX Connection
To view all the homes in NJ visit http://www.inesdelacruz.com
There is no average... It's always been negotiable and you'll find rates vary. Shop around a bit for the right mix of rate and service that you want.
Joe Montenigro
REMAX Home Team
Commission can vary but I would say normal is 6%. Some sellers want to find an agent who cuts their commission but in reality, you get what you pay for... Professional marketing and experience help get you top dollar for your home and lets be honest, you get what you pay for! I can recommend a top Realtor in the Williamstown area for you. Send me your name, phone #, and address to Tjackson@c21mm.com and I will find the perfect agent for you!

Travis Jackson
Century 21 M & M Associates
DRE#01879566 http://www.408RealEstate.com
(408) 316-5954
Commissions are negotiable. But the avg is 6-7%

If I can help with providing my services please contact me.

"Nobody Sells More Real Estate than RE/MAX"

Search the MLS on your phone by Text: In the subject line on your mobile phone- LSAR1 -to number 87778 ... hit send... A GPS feature for listings at your finger tips

Larry Sarlo When you want it Sold Fast!
RE/MAX Preferred
609-868-1171 call / text / email 7 days