Home Selling in Bell Buckle>Question Details

Tina, Real Estate Pro in 37020

Looking to market a home with a private airstrip in Bell Buckle, TN. We have advertised the home on many aviation type websites and I am wondering

Asked by Tina, 37020 Fri Oct 23, 2009

if that is the best course of action. I have created a website,

http://sites.google.com/site/longmeadowfarmairport/

and have linked it to as many pilot boards as I could find. Is that the best course of action??

Thanks, in advance. Tina

Answers

4
Tina,

I'm an aviation guy and would love to buy the place, but it's out of my bracket. I own an Ercoupe, if that tells you anything. Many such properties are listed in Trade-A-Plane, a monthly newpaper out of Crossville, TN, that many pilots subscribe to.

Joe Spelz, Maryland
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 18, 2011
Tina, the site looks great and your home offers an incredible lifestyle – especially to those who are accustomed to aviation or airport homes. Incorporating the large pictures (and video) is a great idea for those potential homebuyers that might want to learn more and more detail about your property online.

Have you created a ‘flyer’ or single page web site that would act as a quick version of your site (explaining the size and details of the home, the land, and the air strip and your asking price)? You may find that sharing your asking price on specific web sites may help you in converting those visitors (that find your information) into interested parties that may come and visit your property. Specific sites such as http://www.aviationhomes.com/ or http://www.avhome.com/ may not have the local exposure to homebuyers in the greater Nashville area that may very well be looking for your home.

In marketing your home, have you considered working with a real estate agent to assist you in attracting qualified buyers; particularly those that are financially qualified to make purchase and those who are relocating to the area from regions of the country that are more accustomed to airstrip living?

kevin pellatiro (615)714-7918 kpellatiro@realtracs.com http://signswemustobserve.blogspot.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 23, 2009
Tina, solid plan - let's talk about a few things that could help you right away - can you e-mail me at kpellatiro@realtracs.com?
Not sure if this is how to reply to you, Kevin... but here goes.

Thank you for the kind words about the site, I am kind of proud of it. That being said, it hasn't yet generated any responses, though it hasn't been advertised for very long. I do like that if you do a google search on "Airstrips for Sale" it comes up on the second page. Add the keyword, Tennessee and I'm right there on top.

Talking with a friend the other day who reminded me that just because it's an airport now doesn't mean it must remain one in the future. (Though I most certainly would hope it would, once an airstrip is gone, it's gone for good.) The property could be used for many other uses, especially if they considered the entire 40 acres that are available. Site link on the website explains the different properties located there.

Back to your questions, no, I haven't made a flyer as of yet. Certainly wouldn't cost to much to produce, but where would I leave them? The notion did cross my mind as I drove to Connecticut last weekend. We stopped in a Dunkin' Donuts and on the counter someone had left a few advertisements behind. Wondered if they would be effective.

At this time we are taking a little time (very little time) to try and sell it without professional help. Of course there is always more wiggle room in the pricing if you don't have to add another mouth to feed into the equation. Then again, time is of the essence as we would like (and who wouldn't) a quick sale. I've been allowed 30 days to see if I can generate any leads, after that we will be interviewing Realtors.

Thank you for your help, and I sure hope this reply makes it to you.

Tina