Home Selling in Plainfield>Question Details

yasminmaza, Both Buyer and Seller in Plainfield, NJ

Looking to buy a new home but current home is underwater $60k. no substantial liquid assets & credit scores in the 700s.Any advice is appreciated?

Asked by yasminmaza, Plainfield, NJ Sun Feb 9, 2014

We have a young daughter and would like to move to an area with a better school district and more children in the area. I believe our home is underwater simply based on the numbers I see from other real estate sites.

Answers

3
I am a Real Estate Agent who services your area and would be happy to meet with you to discuss your current situation and perform a Free CMA on your home to give you an idea of what your property is currently valued at. The valuations you see on the various website do not take into the condition of the properties and allowing a Real Estate Agent to perform this service for you will give you an accurate estimate of the value. Once you know the value of your home, you will be able to make an informed decision as to how you would like to proceed. If I can be of any assistance or if I can help you in anyway, don't hesitate to give me a call.

Ronald Sheedy
Coldwell Banker
Robert Michael Realty
(732) 239-7452 Cell
rdsheed@comcast.net
I think the first thing you should do is get a Real Estate Agent like myself who is familiar with your area, to come out and give you a realistic valuation of your property based on other recent sold properties that compare closely to yours. Once you have that value you can make an informed decision. Valuations given by real estate site are not as accurate because the sites do not know the condition of your property and how it compares to other sold homes.

Jose Nunes
REMAX In Action
908-591-6600
Do you mean UPSIDE DOWN where you owe more than your home is worth? The best thing to do is consult a lending professional, provide all your information and let them advise you what may work. I can recommend an excellent resource. Peter Traum @ NJ Lenders has over 23 years in the business and is up-do-date on everything which is out there. His contact info is 973-993-5858. Feel free to tell him I referred you.

If you can work things out I service Morris, Sussex and Warren counties. Not sure where you might be looking to relocate but can tell you many homes in northwestern NJ provide more home for the money. Feel free to contact me at the contact info below.

Good Luck,
Sandi Scranton, Sales Agent
Century21 Joe Tekula Realtors
Succasunna, NJ
Cell:973 224-3603
Email: sandrascranton702@gmail.com
I would be happy to provide you with a referral to a Century 21 agent who services Middlesex/Monmouth county when you are ready. Glad to have been of help!
Flag Mon Feb 10, 2014
Thank you Sandra. We are looking to move in middlesex or Monmouth counties to be closer to my family :)
Flag Sun Feb 9, 2014