Mike, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Looking for real estate agent to list a 100-120K house with a flat and low commission. Any one out there??

Asked by Mike, Dallas, TX Wed Aug 27, 2014

Answers

3
Are you still interested in selling your home? If so, I can help. Email me your address and I will conduct a market analysis, and then we can discuss my services and fees and network.

Erica Texada, Broker Associate
Mersal Realty
214-680-4566 Direct
EricaSellsDFWhomes@gmail.com
Hi Mike,
I understand your motivations in looking for a flat fee agent/attorney. These folks are definitely out there. For the most part, I agree with the previous answer about your question. If you have previous experience with the real estate marketing side, I'd do the same as you and try to keep costs down even lower. I will quickly tell you about a deal my team is currently in:

Seller hired a Real Estate Attorney to help with the paperwork/process. My buyer's agent ended up having clients who wanted the seller's home. Sellers are a nice older couple and they couldn't get ahold of their attorney and my agent ended up actually drawing up paperwork on the behalf of the seller's (nothing critical, nothing that went against the law, etc.) that should have been done on the part of the seller's side. Several times, deadlines came and went because the seller's couldn't get ahold of their attorney. Attorney also sent in the wrong form once (but we were nice and didn't hurt the nice couple for it). My buyer's agent ended up having to guide the nice couple through a couple of mechanical processes as well.

Moral of the story is that you many times get what you pay for. My buyer's agent actually didn't mind too much simply because he liked the selling couple quite a bit.

Hope this gives food for thought.

Michelle
Why? Do you want to do all the selling yourself? Handle all contracts, phone calls, hold open houses, screen buyers, do showings? Before I was an agent I thought there was nothing to it, how dare they ask such ridiculous prices to put a sign in my yard? OMG, now that I'm an agent the behind the scenes work I do is at minimum a week or two worth of work if one adds up all the hours, now subtract fees, gas, marketing materials, etc...There have been homes I've sold, at FULL commission where I sadly averaged $3 an hour!...A good agent really earns their keep...so why do you want a cheapy again?

PS. I also notice many time FSBOs are under priced...in fact very often your agent can get you top dollar, and do all the work for you, so you net the same or more than doing it yourself...there's more to it than throwing it on the MLS and putting a sign in your yard.