Home Selling in San Rafael>Question Details

Ken Shuman, Home Owner in San Francisco, CA

Looking for an agent to help my father-in-law price and sell a property in San Rafael

Asked by Ken Shuman, San Francisco, CA Sat Feb 12, 2011

My father-in-law owns two properties in the terra linda school district. One is a 4 bedroom, 3 Bath home, 2,000 sq ft with beautiful views. The other home is 4 bedroom, 2 bath eichler. He is leaning towards selling the one with the beautiful views but would like to have both homes priced before making a final decision.

I plan to help him through the process. I am the head of communications at trulia and have been following the housing market closely for the past three years. I understand the importance of a solid marketing plan to sell a home. I also understand the importance of finding an agent that is very familiar with the local market.

Please respond to this post with your qualifications if you are interested. I will be checking back often to see the responses. His goal is to meet agents in early March and get the home on the market in early April.

Thanks in advance - Ken

Hi Ken,
I have been with Frank Howard Allen for 16 years as one of their top producing agents. i have lived in San Rafael for 30 years and love where i live! I have sold over 100 million in real estate which speaks volumes. If you have not found an agent please feel free to give me a call and I will discuss my marketing plan with you. "Everything I touch turns to SOLD!" and thats a fact:)
Carla Giustino
Hi Ken:

Great that you are on Trulia looking for Realtor to represent your father-in-law for the sale of his home; proves how much you believed in the reaching power of and the advice you read on Trulia - I love a guy who does what he preaches.

I have been with Trulia almost since its inception when Trulia contacted Frank Howard Allen Realtors (the #1 real estate company in Marin County) and asked then top agents to help build Trulia.

As an internet savvy agent starting in Real Estate, I was very excited to have found an emerging platform to learn, to network, to market and to perfect my professional presence and to grow my business in real estate. I was 2008 MVP and have been a Trulia PRO since.

On the real estate front, I have since built up my reputation and presence in Marin County and have enjoyed growing business during the past few years by hard work, care, hard-earned knowledge and experience. Thanks to the trust of my clients, I have become a top producing Realtor in my company; which I am very grateful! A lot of my business now is from referrals, which I greatly appreciate.

I am also very familiar with the real estate market and properties in Terra Linda and San Rafael because that is one of the areas I serve directly.

I am hesitant to share my marketing plan and other trade secrets on Trulia as that set me apart from others. However, I will be very interested in talking with you and your father-in-law on what I can do for your father-in-law. I will also be quite interested in using this opportunity to explore and utilize the marketing tools on Trulia and see how we can both benefit.

I look forward to meeting you and your family!

Sylvia Barry
Frank Howard Allen Realtors
(415) 717-0293
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin, CA

My name is Lydia Puller, I am an Realtor with Alain Pinel Realtors and work in Marin County. I’ve been a homeowner and an investor. I've bought homes and sold homes. I’ve helped buyers and sellers and I also specialize in the distressed property market.

What sets me apart from the average agent is is that I am research driven and understand the importance of being a marketing specialist rather than a real estate sales agent.

Being that you are in communications you automatically understand that a solid marketing plan is paramount to selling a home. With over 87% of the buyers looking for homes on the internet a good marketing plan would include massive internet exposure AND social media exposure. Some of the vehicles I use to market a property online is Trulia (of course), Yahoo, Google, MSN, AOL, Sfgate, Zillow, Realtor.com, Homestore, Frontdoor, Redfin, Movoto, Craigslist and the list goes on. I also utilize Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and blogging on national platforms. And all of my listings are listed on at least 2-3 MLS systems depending on the location of the property... so that a property gets the greatest exposure possible. I also advertise in the SF Chron and/or the Marin IJ as it seems to appeal to Sellers that are more comfortable with traditional, but outdated, means of advertising their homes. When I’ve polled buyers the vast majority find the home on the internet vs. the small percentage that finds homes through the newspaper.

As for pricing a home, it’s not about my credentials and whether or not I am a top agent it’s whether or not your agent has researched the market thoroughly. Because we are in a declining market it’s important that agents look at the market as a whole, what is driving the market and how is the distressed market affecting the bigger picture.

Since your request warrants a much more detailed response and information took the liberty of mailing you you a packet to Trulia's headquarters. I’ve included data about the market as a whole in San Rafael as I am not sure where your father-in-law’s home is located. A lot of Eichlers fall in the Terra Linda and Smith Ranch area of San Rafael. You mentioned that one was a 4bd/3ba and the other a 4bd/2ba so rather than guess about location I pulled statistics that covered all of San Rafael that fell within the following parameters. 4bd/2-3ba and 1500-2399 sq ft.

The market is very fickle in Marin. Buyers are looking for deals and are not moving quickly. Days on market seem to be roughly 90 days. Homes are definitely selling in Marin but marketing is key as is setting a fair value.

I’d welcome the opportunity to speak with you and your father-in-law. I’m a smart cookie, love what I do, am passionate about helping home owners and considering myself a marketing maven If you are inclined I would love to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Lydia Puller
Realtor / CDPE
Certified Relocation Specialist
Mobile (415) 599-5028
Email Lydia@apr.com
Web Reference: http://www.LydiaPuller.com
I am impressed lyndia that you offered some very valuable information. I lived in Marinwood for 13 years while rearing my daughter so have an affinity to the community. My mission at his point in life, now that my daughter is attending USCB and some of the pressure is off, is to be of service with the knowledge I have to offer which is new and revoluntionary ways to upgrade the kitchen with resurfacing with liquid stone like material that hardens like stone and an artistic painter to add lustre to old cabinets. should that be helpful to you in selling a house, we ae at your servicewwwclaremichaeldesigns.com
Flag Wed Aug 29, 2012

I work for Terra Firma Global Partners, in Marin County and specialize in the Central Marin market (San Rafael, San Anselmo, & Fairfax). I am very familiar with the Terra Linda market and in fact have a new listing in this area that I will be bringing on market with another associate in the April time frame (an Eichler),

I am client centric and spend considerable time in the planning phase to gain an understanding of the client's goals and objectives as i firmly believe that preparation for opportunity leads to success.

When marketing and selling homes I create a branding strategy that is unique to the property. Critical to this process is determining the buyer profile and identifying the home's unique selling features. Data collected from Internet and property showing activity is analyzed and used to make any necessary adjustments to the marketing plan.

I am a life long Marin County resident and reside in San Rafael. My complete profile can be found on linkedin at linkedin.com/in/jaimecpera. You can also visit our website at terrafirmaglobalpartners.com.

I would very much enjoy helping your father. Thanks for your consideration.

Kathy and I would be more than happy to assist you and your father. I have been a full time real estate agent in Marin County for 30 years, and Kathy, my daughter has worked with me for the past 15+ years. We are very familiar with Terra Linda and northern San Rafael, and our office is located in central San Rafael. We would do a comprehensive market analysis of both properties, give you a realistic price, and make recommendations as well as give you choices based on our findings. We are finding that many of our clients are making the decision to rent their properties rather than sell them in the current market environment. The decision is yours and your father-in-law's. If you should decide to rent the property rather than sell it, we could asist you with finding a suitable tenant as well.

If you would be interested in seeing our resume and qualifications, let us know, and we will forward it to you.

Looking forward to hearing from you in the future!

Mary Kay and Kathy
Hello I would like ot be included inthe short list of agents to meet in person with your Father in Law to review both properties, discuss your end goal to help you make the best decision for your family.

I have lived in various parts of Marin and in San Rafael for 16 years. I certainly know the local market, technology and have a very hands on service orientated approach to all listings and client relationships. Working with a Coldwell Banker agent will help maximise the marketing exposure, as an active member I do also use Trulia and its featured listings. Take a look at my profile and a few testimonials from satisfied clients, if you need more let me know. International Sterling Circle Winer 2010

I look forward to your positive response to meet with you and your Father in Law.

Regards, Nigel

Nigel Faulkner
Coldwell Banker
T: 415 298 2485
Hi Ken,

I'm a top San Rafael agent working with the top company in the North Bay. Could I have an appointment so I can meet both you and your father-in-law and prove to you why I would be the best choice for selling the property. Best, Scott
Web Reference: http://Scottcherry.com

I have a 4 bedroom, 2 bath Eichler home in Lucas Valley that just went on the market earlier this week. I am holding it open tomorrow 1-4pm. It may be worth your father coming by to take a look. If he wants, we can discuss the current market and activity for this particular property. The address is 801 Appleberry Drive. Good luck either way.
Web Reference: http://www.gregcorvi.com/
Hi Ken,

Thanks for your post asking for help. After all, you are connected to the ‘best of the best’ so you might as well check out your options and see who your resources are. I would be honored to talk with you and your family in helping everyone to access the situation. Having grown up in Terra Linda and Lucas Valley I consider myself to be a local expert. My specialty at the beginning is always the consultation process and guiding my clients by ‘forward thinking’. This allows them to gain knowledge, weigh out options and see possibilities while understanding their choices, including current market conditions and what will happen during the sale process without feeling pressured.

The majority of my real estate transactions are in San Rafael. Since I still live here clients flock to me for my knowledge base. If you have a moment to click on the ‘Testimonials’ section of my website you’ll get an excellent idea of how I work, and what my clients have to say after their transaction is complete.

I too love Trulia and have been in conversations with people at your company recently. You’ve done an amazing job creating the ‘go to’ site for buyers and sellers. I have a tremendous amount of respect for what Trulia has accomplished. I work for Coldwell Banker, a company that I’m proud to be part of, not only for their professionalism but also because they have the strongest real estate presence in Northern California as a real estate company. Their lead capturing system is second to none greatly benefiting sellers.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my information and considering me as a potential referral to your family. I would welcome the opportunity to meet whenever it’s convenient and discuss options of how I can be of assistance and market your family’s property. Not sure if it’s important, but I am also a ‘Seniors Specialist’ and have a lot of patience and understanding with clients who are preparing for significant lifestyle changes. Don’t hesitate to call me day or night and we can discuss details.

Lori Harvey
Coldwell Banker Real estate
DRE # 00587447
Web Reference: http://www.LoriHarvey.com
Hello Ken,

My name is Matthew Thomas, and I am an agent with Bradley Real Estate in San Rafael.

I have been a real estate agent for just about 9 nine years, and was born and raised in San Rafael, and am very familiar with the local market.

Bradley Real Estate is the fastest growing real estate firm in Marin County, and in opinion offers the best marketing program out there to sell properties for its clients.

I would be interested in speaking with you regarding your father in-law's situation, and would like to arrange to meet with you in the near future.

I can be reached directly at 415-721-2528 or by e-mail at matt@bradleyrealestate.com

I look forward to working with you.

Matthew Thomas
Bradley Real Estate
License #01334223
Hi Ken!

I'd be happy to help! (I love Trulia by the way)

I actually live in the same school district myself (Tehnically, it's called the Dixie School District - Terra Linda High School is actually part of the San Rafael High School District). I'm just about to list an Eichler in Marinwood that will be coming on the market in the next few weeks.
And I'm just in the process of launching a website/blog dedicated to the homes in Northern San Rafael:

I actually did a presentation with Kyle Berube (Trulia) a few years ago, not sure if he is still with Trulia. I often give a lot of educational seminars to Realtors in Marin about using technology in their real estate practices. I always extensively market my homes via the internet, using traditional listing websites, professional photography, and social media to get a home sold.

I was in the top 5% of Marin Realtors in 2010 as well as the President of the Marin Women's Council of Realtors for 2010. But I think it's most important to read what my clients say about working with me: http://www.bayarearealestatesales.com/aboutus.html

I would be more than happy to do a market analysis of your father's homes and would welcome the opportunity to meet with you.

Warm regards,

Liz McCarthy
McGuire Real Estate
Hi Ken,
I have forwarded your request to an agent in Marin who definitely has what it takes to help your father-in-law. Thanks so much for the opportunity, however, at this time, I am unable to help.

Have a wonderful Day!

Hi Ken,

I am an agent with Alain Pinel Realtors in Corte Madera. I have been in the business for 9 years, I love my work, and frankly I am good at it. I have an extensive marketing plan for both pre-MLS marketing as well as marketing the home once it is on the market. I am a member of the Top Agent Network here in Marin and can let other top agents know about the property before it goes on MLS both through my office and Top Agent. I tour extensively and know the market well.

I would love the opportunity to meet with you and/or your father-in-law at no obligation on your part. I feel it is important to interview several agents and I would hope to be one of those agents. If you want to learn more about me please visit http://www.SearchMarinHomes.com. I have my profile listed on the site as well as testimonials from past clients. I am also more than happy to provide references.

Thank you for your consideration.

Bev Shwert
Hello Ken,

It's wonderful you are helping your father-in-law but unless, he really needs to sell, this is not a good time.
If you like, I can give you comps on the property and you can decide after you see what the homes may sell for.

I do not check back after I post an aswer, if you would like to reach me, you can click on my profile pic.

Good luck :)