Home Selling in Coppell>Question Details

P Gupta, Other/Just Looking in 75038

Looking for a home in Irving/Coppell, TX. Was wondering how much lake front home adds to the price of a home.

Asked by P Gupta, 75038 Sat Aug 27, 2011

About a monthnago I researched the premiums of resales across the metroplex during the last 9 quarters. The summary showed for lots that back up or front onto a lake, the average premium is roughly 22-28% on a per s.f basis. Additionally, lots that back up or front onto open space have averaged a premium of 6-10%. The data showed that these lots also sold faster, on average about 5-10% faster than a "typical" lot. These are averages across a few cities so before you put a figure on a specific property you need to look at the adjacencies because these figures will vary based on many variables, consult a REALTOR to get a specific market summary for the area you are interested in.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 6, 2011
I live and work in the North Irving/Coppell area. The amount the value increases will depend on the neighborhood. There are neighborhoods where a canal view increases the value by $20,000 but others where the value increases 6 figures. I hope this helps. What price range are you looking in?
Las Colinas/ Irving/ Valley Ranch/ Coppell there ARE not those many homes with man made lake views. These are great locations

Most of these homes can average $350K - close to $1 mil.

Direct Link homes for sale in these given areas:

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
I have lived in Coppell for 20 years and everyone is right. A lot of it depends on the size and view. When I list a home, I'll generally add at least $10,000-$15,000 before I ever see the property. In some of the subdivisions the builders were charging up to $40,000 for a creek/lake lot.

What are you looking for?
I live in Las Colinas and work both areas. Everyone has given you good answers - it depends on the neighborhood. and the price of the home. I am very familiar with all of the neighborhoods that have lakefront homes in both areas and would welcome an opportunity to provide you with additional, in depth information. You can get my contact information by clicking on my profile. Best regards, Kim
Web Reference: http://www.kim.ebby.com
It really depends on a number of things. Location on water, size of lot and house and general condition. I have several agents in your area and would be happy to have one of them contact you. We offer full time services and rebate 20% of our commission to all buyers.

Thanks for your time.

Web Reference: http://www.findapadfast.com
Do you mean the ones that back up to the lakes....
I don't know if there is a set number.
It might depend on the value of the house itself.
There are some 200,000 with lake view and some towards $1mil with lakeview.
Some people like it, some don't.
I like them typically to give more space between the neighbors.
However normally they require the see through wrought iron fencing on the lake side
which some people think is less private.
I'm sure there were probably lot premiums perhaps of 10% or so of the house value when
originally purchased, but not sure that still holds true in most cases.

Some people have had problems with the ones that back up on the lakes and have a retaining wall.
They fail sometimes, they get sink holes. Normally the HOA will take care, but it can still be a problem.

The link below will take you to all Coppell homes I show currently on the market with water views. If you would like to see inside any of them just let me know.

Welcome to Coppell
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Good question because it depends on the price range of the neighborhood. To give you an example if the price range is 200k to 300k then the lake may be an extra 50k. If it's a price of 600k to a million they may be 100k plus.

Which subdivision are you interested in? Contact me if you want assistance with this situation and I'll be happy to help you. Thank you!
Web Reference: http://www.realtordamon.com