Home Selling in Newark>Question Details

Michelle, Both Buyer and Seller in Newark, CA

Looking for a flat fee listing agent to sell a house in Newark, CA. Know anyone?

Asked by Michelle, Newark, CA Mon Apr 21, 2008

I am willing to split the work.

Answers

9
Let's talk

Charo Bhatt
510-381-2105
CharoBhatt@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.HomesByCharo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 22, 2008
Hi Michelle,

Just curious, did you sell your home through a flat fee company?

Created 30 years ago, the Help-U-Sell model was the pioneer for providing an alternative to the dated 6% commission structure. What distinguishes Help-U-Sell from the competition is that the company never insists on fees based on a percentage of the sales price, allowing consumers to save thousands of dollars compared to what they would have spent on a traditional broker’s fee.

Help-U-Sell is a full-service set-fee organization and the company’s licensed professionals manage the entire home sale process from start to finish, including handling all negotiations, providing referrals, showing the seller’s home, and providing expert advice and representation.

Meena Gujral
925-425-9491
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty
http://www.helpusellachievers.com
Hi Michelle,
You may very well have sold your house by now and if so, congratulations. I thought I would set the record straight in response to one of your answers in this thread. Not all Flat Fee Real Estate Professionals are created equally. Flat Fee refers to the set price for services instead of a percentage of the sale. This may range from a simple MLS listing to full service representation. We have a free directory that may help both Home Sellers and Real Estate Professionals. The key is choice. Having more options available to you may save you time and money!

Thanks, Michele
Web Reference: http://www.aflatfee.com
Hi Michelle,

I don't know if are aware of Help-U-Sell, but we are the flat fee company. We have 4 options with a full service option as well that you can choose from. You can save thousands of dollars when selling your home through Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty. Call me at 510-279-9580 if you have not sold your house yet. I would be happy to discuss further.

Meena Gujral
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty
40083 Mission Blvd
Fremont Ca 94539
510-279-9580
Jusst remember...you get what you pay for. Dicounted (flat) fees = discounted service. When you say you'll split the work, keep in mind that the majority of what we do as Realtors requires a license. Good luck! Oh - and if you need a flat fee Realtor because your home is a potential short sale, you DEFINITELY was a full service Realtor.
Cindi Hagley,…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
The marketplace for flat fees is as difficult as full fees. Price your home to sell, get maximum exposure, and it will sell!
Hello neighbor,

I own property in Newark and I know we are going through a tough market. I guess it will have to depend on what you are seeking in a flat fee listing agent.

I've been too busy to keep up with the flat fee agents but it seems that there are not many of them around and many of them did nothing more than put your house on the MLS, but it depended on how much you paid. If you do it flat fee, you might as well try FSBO if you're going to split the work. I guess you already know there is real work involved?

Best of luck to you.
Hi Michelle. I have seen a few flat fee listing service around such as list your home for $2,500. This is a very hard time to sell a home and a flat fee listing service may hurt you more than help you sell your home. Even hard working seasoned agents such as myself have a difficult time selling homes. As of today, there are 157 homes available in Newark, ca and there are only 53 pending, half of which have been pending for greater than 60 days. I would try a help you sell or the $2,500 listing man that you can find in the Penny Saver. I have only seen his sign 1 time and I am sorry I do not have more info for you. Best of Luck!

Kelly Hopkins
510-366-7695
Michelle
Just so you are clear, a flat fee broker will put your listing in the MLS. Period.
You negotiate, you sign all the contracts, disclosures, etc. You might want to read some other posts in Trulia about the experiences some others have had pursuing that plan.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA