Sh426, Home Seller in Newtown, PA

Looking for a Realtor who can provide full service marketing of my townhouse in Newtown Grant from beginning to closing for a flat fee of $3000.

Asked by Sh426, Newtown, PA Thu Apr 7, 2011

The services which I need are as follows -

1. Listing on MLS with at least 12 photos
2. Centralized Showing Services to co-ordinate all property showings
3. Listing on Realtor.com, Zillow.com and other national real estate websites
4. Virtual Tour of the property
5. Professional Realtor sign with lockbox
6. Custom Property Flyer (I already have the details from previous owner)
7. Market Analysis
8. Provide trust account service for earnest money
9. Handle all negotiations, contracts and paperwork
10. Coordinate all appointments while my home is under contract
11. Represent my best interests throughout and attend closing on my behalf

I'll be putting my house in market in the first week of June as I'm moving out of state. The house is in great condition and is located in Newtown Grant, most sought after community in Newtown, PA. I'll also be paying a buyer's agent commission of 2.5% of the sale price so if you bring the buyer, you will get that commission.

Answers

17
I'm sorry, but this is a joke. Just because you're paying your listing agent $3K for all this work, it means you don't respect your Realtor's time and effort.

I'll take your listing for a $3K commission if you're willing to pick up my real estate related expenses. You know the money it takes to run a business. It is a business that we're in and if you don't respect that, I feel sorry for the realtor who will take your listing.

I'd rather be working at McDonalds.
There are brokerage firms that will put you home on the MLS and the major real estate websites and process the paper work for a flat fee. Listings with these firms were more common during the Seller's market. For the flat fee, they do not provide all the services you are requesting. Basically, you are purchasing basic services, but otherwise are a FSBO. For example, you would handle appointments and showings. An agent with a full an service broker does a lot more than list the property and process the paper work. Frankly, when I see a listing with a flat fee broker, I am a little leery. It's frequently difficult to schedule appointments.

In this area in recent years, the flat fee model has sufferred. Homeowners have realized that it is time consuming and hard work to sell a home and are less attracted to this method than during the Seller's market..

You may be able to find an agent to list your property for the flat fee you are suggesting, but they are likely to lose money in the process. Real estate agents have overhead and frequently pay for photgraphers and stagers out of their own pockets. When a property is sold they generally pay a significant portion of their commission to their broker. If I were you, and find an agent that will list for a minimal flat fee, I would wonder why thy are willing to do so.
Looks like you expect plenty of hard work for your $3,000, which I split with my broker and the advertising is covered....while the buyer agent earns 2-1/2%. Hmmmm, let me think on this one! With your extensive knowledge of the market and how to do our job, have you considered FSBO?
So you are willing to pay another agent, who is not showing your property, paying for all advertising out of pocket, screening potential buyers, a fee 2.5%? But only wanting to pay your Agent, who would spend considerable time, money & effort to get you top dollar for your property, a flat fee of $3,000? Doesn't make sense to me. When you have the right Agent, they get you top dollar for your property & are worth every penny. Look to see if there are any "Flat Fee" listing companies in your area, but I always suggest using a Top Agent, it's worth it in the end.
The fact of the matter is that in this case, you get what you pay for! A Realtor/Broker's services are no different than any other professional. What would your accountant or dentist say if you wanted to have the same services at a lower price? I wish you well but statistically and in this or any market, you are better going with a full service Realtor at the prevailing rate. I know that my advertisers and our company's vendors/advertisers provide top notch advertising at standard prices.
Hopefully, your home is staged and shows well! If not, it could be a long haul. If it was up for sale before and did not sell, there may be a reason. Somebody may take your listing and if so, you should take a look at why they are taking your business at a discounted rate. There is a diiference!
Web Reference: http://www.FrankDolski.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 8, 2011
I have to agree with Russell. Sounds like you want the Ritz Carlton at Motel 6 prices. Good luck with that - your agent knows there is a limit to what they should invest in advertising and promoting your home, because you have set it. When they hit that limit, do you think they will go beyond it, or - since they will be losing money - do you think they will let it slide?

Foxton's tried that "discount" model in NJ. I seem to recall them going belly-up and lots of sellers left holding the bag. Good luck - you would be far better off going with a proven Realtor at full freight, and not trying to cheap out. Of course, I'm sure you shop for cut rate doctors and lawyers, too ;-)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 7, 2011
What is your address? My fiance and I are looking in that area.
Best of of Luck to you. As others has said you get what you pay for. There are Brokerages that will charge a flat rate to put your home on the MLS but that is where your representation ends. You might as well do a FSBO and cross your fingers for a few months. Then, if after several months, and after you have missed the prime listing season you can contact a Realtor and list it.
At our Company (Help-U-Sell), we charge a set fee for our services, as opposed to the traditional 6 percent commission, which, in turn, helps you to retain a greater amount of equity while still receiving all the real estate services you expect.

Our agents are fully licensed professionals, members of the local Board of Realtors and of the National Association of Realtors®, work with both Buyers and Sellers, and provide a full range of real estate services.

Our unique marketing strategies drive a steady stream of traffic to our website and offices, which results in many buyers for our listings and many new listings. Additionally, our streamlined operations and cost efficiencies translate into low overhead and savings that we pass along to consumers with our low set fee.

You can call the local office in your area by going to http://www.Helpusell.com

Meena Gujral
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty
http://www.helpusellachievers.com
925-425-9491
510-279-9580
After I posted I read the entire post. My reply is that I work very hard for my clients,and with all of my marketing experience and experience in negotiations I would say that is impossible. You get what you pay for !
I hate to say this but in Real Estate, you get what you pay for in terms of types of service. I am an Associate Broker for Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors and was ranked #1 in the state of Pennsylvania for all Coldwell Banker Affiliated Realtors in 2012. This only means that I do a lot of business and work very hard for my buyers, sellers and investors. With that being said, I can do everything above except for a flat fee. The buyers agent/broker will look for a fee as well as the seller's agent. The market is red hot in Bucks County and you need top service. If you would like to speak with me, please contact me. If not, good luck!
Please visit my website. There is a significant difference in quality and service!

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
Certified Relocation Specialist
Previews Luxury Home Specialist
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
Ranked #1 In The State of PA in 2012 For Coldwell Banker International Realtors
2012 Coldwell Banker International President’s Elite Award
2010-2011 Coldwell Banker International President’s Circle Award
215-803-3237 (mobile)
215-794-1070 x-103
f.dolski@cbhearthside.com
http://www.FrankDolski.Com
I thinks it is possible to find one.
Sh426

I am a local investor that may be interested in purchasing directly. Please send me the property information if your are interested in discussing this further.

Rob

solveyourreproblems@gmail.com
SH426 - I am not going to mock what you are trying to do here. I actually respect that you know what you want and you are not stopping until you find it. Give me a call/email, I'd love to talk to you. I am located right down the road in Langhorne.

-Kim Rock
Licensed Realtor PA/NJ
Keller Williams Langhorne
Kimberly.rock@comcast.net
@Russel, @Bill, @Marie, pls read my earlier post where I've answered as to why flat fee model makes sense.

http://=www.trulia.com%2Fvoices%2FHome_Selling%2FI_d_like_to_find_a… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Selling/I_d_like_to_find_a…

I'm not looking for any advise as to why I should not do this. I've done my homework and I know what I'm talking about. There are 3 things which sells the house -

1. Condition of the house
2. Location/Neighborhood
3. Price ( whether it is priced right).

Sellers agent have no control on the pricing and what they can sell the house for. Market determines the price. There are realtors who are using this business model (flat fee) and are more successful. Here is an example http://www.carolinaschoicerealestate.com.

Pls respond ONLY if you are interested in the offer. You don't have to be offended by this. If this doesn't work for you, you don't have to respond.
I am a Newtown Grant Neighborhood Specialist. I sell Newtown Grant.Why dont you give me a call . I would like to see your house.
Jen Buschel
Long and Foster Real Estate Inc
http://www.JenBuschelRealtor.com
JenBuschel@gmail.com
215-489-7609