Home Selling in Poulsbo>Question Details

Oahuprincesss, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Looking for a Lease to Own.

Asked by Oahuprincesss, New York, NY Thu Oct 18, 2012

I'm a mature, single female from O'ahu, Hawai'i. I'm looking for a least to own home. I'm looking around Port Orchard, Poulsbo, Southworth. If anyone has a home for sale and you would like to do a lease to own, or if you know of someone, I'd appreciate it! If you have any advice regarding this, I'd appreciate this as well!

Thank you!

Answers

3
Be very careful with these lease to own options. At the very least you'll be overpaying for that property (relative to fair market value). At worst, you'll also be overpaying on rent.

Your best bet is to work with a local first time homebuyer counseling agency and qualify to purchase a property.

Once you're qualified, you can ask someone at the agency to recommend an agent. A good buyer's agent is always going to get you a fair deal (or a nice discount depending on market conditions and negotiating skills).

If at all possible, try to live on a conservative budget and rent something minimal while you build up your cash reserves (savings). There are plenty of good state and local programs that might even provide you with a downpayment grant.

For Washington State, start here:

http://www.wshfc.org/buyers/index.htm

Good Luck and hope it all works out for you.
Their is a local gentlemen that does rent to own. His website is http://wahomesolutions.com/
There are also some great deals for $150,000 or less in parts of Kitsap county and some loan programs at 100% financing.
Since rent to own properties may not be listed as such, consider working with an agent of your own. Keep in mind that rent to own can be risky and one could stand to lose a bit of money, therefore do inform yourself well, and consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate beforehand. If you haven't done so yet, visit with any licensed loan officer, see if you can buy outright...
Thank you for the great advice!
Flag Sat Oct 20, 2012