Home Selling in Naperville>Question Details

Rj45, Home Seller in Naperville, IL

Listing realtor selection

Asked by Rj45, Naperville, IL Tue Sep 14, 2010

I would like to know how to research who the top performing Realtors are near 75th and modaff in naperville, IL 60565

Answers

9
I would search for their education and the agent with the most education is bound to be the top selling agent I would not want someone who sells a lot of listings I would want someone that knew what they were doing but thats just me
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 15, 2010
Eric has some excellent points, but I would also add that the area you are specifying is very narrow. The "top agent" in near 75th and Modaff may have sold two condos in the last year, one to himself and one to his sister. Or maybe all of their sales were foreclosures, which is a different type of marketing than a homeowner sale.

The agent you are looking for will be a full time agent with years of experience. Ask your friends and neighbors in the area who they have worked with and did they like the results.

Mike Hagen
Evergreen Real Estate
630-248-2292
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 14, 2010
There you go, hire Eric Hall, he has the most sensible response, this doesn't have to be more complicated than you are making it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 14, 2010
It will depend on how you want to rate performance. Is it based on volume or sales, average market time, list to sale price, overall exposure, etc....

Any Realtor can give find you the numbers you seek but keep in mind that numbers can be made to look how they want them to look.

When choosing a Realtor you want one that will work with your needs but will always be realistic. The last thing you need in this tough market is to be overpriced.

Exposure is huge too since you need to reach out and touch as many potential buyers as possible.

In the end, you need to find a Realtor you're comfortable with and will make your home selling process as painless as possible. You will have tough times during your listing so it's about how that Realtor handles them that's key.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Eric Hall 630-730-4934 Realty Executives
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 14, 2010
Dear Rj45
It's a challenging market. What can you do to increase your odds of being successful? If you make your choice based on "discounted commissions" or "price", you will most likely fail. If you base your decision on an award-winning marketing plan that gives you the greatest consistent exposure you will succeed. The top three offices that have the most market share in Naperville are: Baird & Warner, CB, and ReMax. Find an agent that you feel comfortable having on your team. Find someone who will communicate with you and be accountable to you, on a weekly basis. A good Realtor will not buy your listing, by painting an unrealistic picture. A good Realtor will make sure you understand what the market requires of you in order to be successful.
These are the keys:
$ A competitive home.
$ A compelling price.
$ A comprehensive marketing plan that creates quality exposure.
$ A Realtor who has great tools available to him and knows how to use them.
I hope this helps you.
Web Reference: http://www.thadavery.com
As Mike syas it is not just about the number of homes sold. A Realtor whos lists 5 homes and sells all 5 might be better than a Realtor who Lists 40 and sells 30. Issues such as how fast they sell their homes vs. the avg days on market for the area and at what price their homes sell for vs. the average are important things to consider. After you identify potential Realtors of interest check out how they market their homes. Look on Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, and the public version of the MLS. What do the photos of the homes they market look like? Do they make you want to see the house or are they of poor quality? Are there only a few photos or 20-25. Do they have a virtual tour? It is not about who the Realtor is, (or the company) but what the Realtor does to market your home that determines the result.
Choosing a listing agent is very important! First, what do you mean by top performing Realtor? If you mean, who sells the most houses, that might not be the best barometer of whom the best agent to list your home really is! Agents who have lots of listings and lots of sales obviously are doing something right. But I would argue that you should also talk with agents that have fewer listings and fewer sales as well. For example, I normally work 20-30 listings at a time. That allows me to devote plenty of personal attention to my listings. If I had 50 or 100 listings, you wouldn't be dealing with me, but my team or various assistants. You sign the listing agreement with huge agent, then might never see or hear from them again. You bought a name. Some people are ok with that, but my advice is to interview several agents, then decide who will work the hardest to sell YOUR home. Make sure they are full time, that they understand today's home buyer, and that they use the internet as much as possible to market your home. Open houses and flyers are still useful tools, but not the preferred ones. Mike Ferrante, Century 21 Homestar, Cleveland, OH
Interview some Realtors make sure you are priced right and your home is showing ready and then just develop a relationship with the Realtor who you are comfortable with. The bottom line is you should feel comfortable with the agent you decide to work with make sure sure he or she is looking out for your best interest.

Simir Shah
Publix Realty
(630) 835-4042
Hi RJ45,

This is a good place to start. You can take a look at their website...ask for references or testimonials. You can put a list of questions together and send it to them or ask them over the phone. Once you get to a comfort level with a certain agent you can ask them to come take a look at your home and see what they think.

The most important thing for you, in my opinion, is to find an agent that you fell comfortable with. This process is one that takes many conversations along the way and you need to know your future agent is willing to have those conversations.

Best of luck in your search. If you are interested in getting to know more about me and my business you can start with my website and if you have specific questions feel free to shoot me an email. If you are at 75th and Modaff I'm guessing you're in Bay Colony, Westglen, one of the Maplebrooks or Winding Creek.

Again, best of luck in your search!!

Mike Long
Long Realty