Home Selling in West Orange>Question Details

Charlie C, Both Buyer and Seller in San Francisco, CA

Listing Broker Identification

Asked by Charlie C, San Francisco, CA Tue Sep 13, 2011

I'm interested in getting a list of last 12 month sales, transaction price, type of properties, address, property descriptions and listing agents for properties in the Eagle Ridge condo complex (newer models). Is there a relatively easy way to do this?

The purpose is to create a short list of potential listing brokers to interview.

I'm remote, I also need someone to fix up and stage the house, all for a reasonable sum.

Answers

11
Charlie - Actually, there are several other agents with current listings......George's listing, at 240,000, is in the older section.........other listing agents are .Perri Feldman from Keller Williams (650-4727) and Lauren Stone 973 994-4884 from Weichert Realtors (she has a strunning Adams model listed)............and 2 additional agents whose names I don't recall.
Also active in the complex are Gert Jannett from Prud. NJ properties (my company).....and Carol Gottlieb of Coldwelll Banker - both reside in Eagle Ridge.

As a point of information.............putting listing agents aside for the moment, the question might also be - who brought in/found the buyers??

Well.............. out of 14 closed sales in the complex, in the past year , there have been 12 different selling agents from a variety of companies! So, the buyer's agents are sprinkled all over!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 13, 2011
Hi Charlie!

Here are 3 agents that currently have listings in Eagle Ridge:

George Walsh
http://www.GWalsh.com

Larry & Mitchell Chiger
http://www.westorangehomes.com

Cristina fernandez 973-568-2378

Best of Luck!

Jane
http://www.RealTerrific.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 13, 2011
Hi My name is Erin Brown the broker at Re/Max Llewellyn Realtors in West Orange. We are a local realtor and do a fair amount of business in Eagle Ridge. At this time, there are 11 available units, 3 under contract, and 7 closed sales for 2011. Prices range between $180,000 to $410,000, depending on condition & location. I have a list of good contractors and would be more than happy to help fix up, stage, and market your unit. Call me anytime.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 13, 2011
HI again Charlie

If your head is spinning with all these tidbits of information, I'm not surprised, because mine is too!

Know that closed sales have ranged from a low of $275,000 for an Adams unit (1/11) to a high of 380,000 & 390,000 for 2 Adams units, both with finished walkout basements (cosing dates, 9/10 & 12/10).

For a complete list of active, under contract..... and closed sales,along with a list of accompaning agent names, please reach out to me.......or anyone else......or to all of us!
You can have this information in an organized fashion, in front of you, so you can analyze it, and decide how you want to proceed, and whose marketing plans you want to compare and contrast.

Best wishes............
Hi Charlie C
I saw your question, and the answers from other Realtors, so I will not repeat the information already given to you from the Garden State MLS.
What I will tell you is that you live in a very desirable community. The features offered in your community including the indoor-outdoor pools, tennis courts, gym, community center and security are sought after by many.
Yes, in recent years prices have gone down, but they've decreased in all towns, not just West Orange. I have specialized in marketing homes in West Orange for more than 25 years. I am not a new comer, or someone who sells in many other areas. West Orange has treated me very well and I consistently get my clients the highest and best offers possible. Even in this economy, it is possible for a favorable transaction.
My advice to you is to forget negative feedback about taxes and/or maintenance fees and focus on the fact that your community remains a very desirable one that commands full market value.
Diane Epp 973-868-9975
Charlie,

I looked up the statistics from the Multiple Listing Service here is what I found:

322 Araneo Dr. sold 12/30/10 for $380,000 listing agent Carol Gottlieb from Caldwell Bankers
397 Digaetano Terr. sold 6/30/11 for $325,000 listing agent Ellen Rothsied from Prudential
213 Cerutti Ct. sold 7/8/11 for $310,000 listing agent Jean Bongo and Gertrude Janett from Prudential
279 De Rose sold 11/1/10 for $330,000 listing agent Larry Chieger from Keller Williams
83 Leonardo Ct. sold 2/18/11 for $322,500 listing agent Lileth Taylor from Weichert
153 Dezenzo Rd. sold 6/20/11 for $300,000 listing agent Larry Chieger from Keller Williams

Karen Abramson
917.294.0356
Keller Williams Suburban Realty
Dear Charlie C,

My name is Karen Abramson and I work with my partner Sharon Avram with Keller Williams suburban Realty in Livingston (We are known as the "Sharon and Karen team"). We are Realtors and also certified Stagers and we work with every seller to prepare their home before we put their home on the market. You can look our profile on Trulia or our website for some testimonials. We have represented several homes sold in the Eagle Ridge complex and currently we manage a unit in there for a home owner that lives overseas and has her place rented as well as help stage a unit that is currently under contract in the complex. I would love to provide you with the information of the people we have worked with for their personal testimonials.

As mentioned by Debbie Rose, the pricing in the complex has gone down significantely in the past 1-2 years, mainly due to the economy, the high maintenance fees and the high taxes in West Orange.
The complex is still very desirable and all the extra amaneties, location, proximity to public transportation and more, are a great selling point.

Both my partner Sharon and I worked with relocation clients and also moved and sold properties where our clients were out of the country or state.

It would be our pleasure to be interviewed and show you why other sellers choose us to sell their homes.
Best of luck and hope to hear from you.

Karen Abramson
917.294.0356
Keller Williams Suburban Realty
sharonandkaren@kw.com
ps as an FYI - some positive news - I just checked, and there are 2 units under attorney review, listed at 374,900 & 379,000.and 1 unit under contract (sale pending) at 369,000..........
Charlie, the information you are requesting is easy to obtain, and I'd be happy to send it to you.

Which model do you have?
the Devon - 2 br with den on main level? Charlton -3br, 1 car garage, no den? or Adams - 3 br with main level den and 2 car garage? or the Ranch?

Most don't have basements, but if yours has one, it's an added plus.....so is being on the ridge, with a view of Manhattan. Those items will factor into the final price.
It's a challenge selling there, in part, due to the high maintenance fees - even with the new clubhouse, the fees can be an obstacle. But, units have sold, so pricing is key.....as is condition..........(although price always trumps anythng!)

It's good you are in the "newer" section, rather than in the white stucco original section,.
I have been selling real estate since 1985, so I was around when the "new" section was being built. It was a much more popular design than the original section,.,.,.,.,.that "CA" look just didn't work here in NJ.

I have done business there, listing and selling, over the years, although my name won't appear on a current top 10 list if that's what you are looking for.
I will still be happy to supply any information you want, and discuss marketing ideas .

As far as staging goes - how much effort are you looking to put in? Updating baths and kitchen or working with what you have in order to enhance it?

Feel free to email me, and I will be happy to help!

Good luck...........
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com
Charlie,
If I were looking for this information, I'd start with an agent who currently has properties for sale in the complex. An honest agent will supply data, even if it's not always completely favorable to them because the data is only part of the story.
If there are lots of bank owned places in the complex, the agents who list these may not be your best choice. If they are primarily owner occupied and in good shape, the busiest agent may not have the same contacts to do repairs and staging.
Doing the repairs and staging at a "reasonable price" will be in the eyes of the beholder. You should realize that a few hundred dollars in paint and carpet can return a several thousand in resale (If it's needed). I often ask a client which they prefer, a $10,000 price drop or $2000-$3000 worth of updates?
Not all agents provide the same services, so get some names and then find out who is able and willing to do what's necessary.
First of all, you are probably not going to use the BROKER as your Agent; so what does this prove?
Secondly, The best Selling Brokerages are the ones that have connections to the Banks for all the Foreclosed Listings; They are probably not the Brokerages which do a lot of Residential Listings.
Thirdly, You want the Agents who represent the Buyers for all those SOLDS.
Fourtly, To get this information, you will need an Agent who is interested in representing you.
Fifthly, You will end up with a lot of STATISTICS that won't tell you what you need to know; namely, who will fight for you with committment and concern.

Good luck and may God bless