Home Selling in Chandler>Question Details

Anthony O'Co…, Real Estate Pro in Gilbert, AZ

Killer listing presentations

Asked by Anthony O'Connell, Gilbert, AZ Tue Apr 16, 2013

I am looking to upgrade my listing presentation or as I like to call it "My Marketing Consultion" and would love some suggestion. I have been working with Cloud CMA and ToolKit CMA and want a more wow factor for my higher end listings $500k and higher. I know dealing with a more sophisticated seller they are often looking for more wow and how their home will be marketed using our company. Thanks for any in site you all have to offer.

As an listing agent, trust is key. Often Realtors go to over the top with technology or worrying about like you mentioned "the wow Factor", Truth of the matter is, these are regular people. They want to feel trustworthy of you to get the job done, i personally stick with the TOOL KIT CMA. its sleek and it makes you stand out amount others but ultimately you are the selling factor. Your trust and knowledge is what brings them to signing the Exclusive Right To Sell. As for houses that are testing a million dollars i would show up to the listing appointment with a licensed Professional Appraiser and say these exact words "Your home is Valuable and so is your time". This will surly set you apart from the rest of the "used Car Salesman" that showed up to get this big listing. Also before entering begin to reach to your shoes and say "did you want me to take off my shoes"? This again will show a great deal of respect for your future client and really add that extra touch your looking for. Sure the Appraisal will cost you about 400 but its a 99% success rate when you do this for a high price point seller. Also bring a professional photographer to the listing appointment, this will also show how serious and vested in the property you are before even getting it. Sellers will love the confidence and with these three things in place your assured to get this listing.

I really hope this helps you achieve the top producing agent in your area.

Go get em !!!

All the Best,

Daniel D'Amico
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
These are excellent ideas!!! :-)
Flag Fri Apr 11, 2014
I would begin with remembering that someone who is listing their home may not have been in the home selling business for a decade -- and to remember to make bells and whistles about each and every marketing opportunity that you actually use.

Do not assume potential clients know the sites where your listing populate. Take the time to document this!

Take each and every marketing idea you have for that home and show it well in a bullet style -- so that each website where your home listings will populate is shown and then you can go and pull the reach. For instance, most listings will run redfin, zillow, trulia, realtor.com, zip, and yahoo among others. Go and pull all the reaches of all of those places -- if you feel like pumping up the ways that a home is shown.

If you look for stories about a home, take time to let the sellers know that you will be seeking stories to sell their home -- although don't scare them that they must have an original story. Just let them know this is part of your services.

Then if you have a past list of buyers or sellers or sphere, be sure to document how you will share the news with a personalized list of community fans and friends. For one of my businesses, for instance, I have over 27,700 fans on Facebook. So any information like that where you have fans and followers -- go ahead and mention those to your potential clients.

If you use amazing photography, document how that shows up, same with a virtual tour (for the higher end).

Then also if all of the agents in your office reach X or Y #s of people, see if you can gather those #s and share how through the reach of your office meetings and office communications, you reach even more.

Once you gather all of these kinds of #s once you should be good and full with #s for six months or so before you need to update them.

Know that anything you do to stand out will work. Because not that many agents go the extra mile to take the time to document all the marketing they are actually doing!!!

Try http://www.visualshows.com, it's a free program that will aloow you some wow factor in your listing.
I do $500,000 listings routinely using a very simple method - I print out the comparables on paper, and I print my marketing program on paper - including a screen shot of my website - and I sit down at a table with the client and talk to them while they're looking at the pages.

We need to remember the basics of selling. It's not just about sizzle, the sizzle has to belong to the steak. Don't focus on being Mr. or Ms. "Super Tech," instead - use your presentation as a platform for talking to the customer.