Terry, Home Seller in Massachusetts

Keller Williams vs century 21 to sell home-pros & cons

Asked by Terry, Massachusetts Fri Jun 22, 2012

I'm trying to decide who to list my house with, love to hear anyone's experience

Answers

9
Well, the brokerage is just one thing, what is truly important to YOU is the individual Agent, do you care if a doctor works at such and such hospital or do you care because he or she is your Personal, trusted physician, you will most likely follow if they get associated with another hospital. So connect
with a Realtor you have a good rapport with, who has experience in your market area and type of home and who understands your needs and who is not just after getting the listing, but who understands your time frame your needs and will market your home accordingly. Someone who will
work efficiently and with all efforts to get your home sold.

You may not like to hear all the Realtor may have to tell you about your market place, the value of your home and how to price it, but believe me you want a very honest, straightforward Realtor who will putthe all the facts in front of you, and may be even take you to see a few comparable homes currently on the market and you will have to compete with....

Good Luck to you, if you are in need for recommendations of a good Realtor in your area, let us
know we gladly make some good recommendations.
Good Luck to you
Edith YourRealtor4Life! Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers Sellers and investor. @Properties with offices in Chicago and the North Shore
30 Green Bay Rd. Winnetka Il. 60093
EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 22, 2012
Personally I would use the company that gives you the most exposure. Have you give them a list of all the websites your home will be listed on for your fees. A smaller mom and pop broker can give you a better deal and if your house is awesome it will be an easy sell, but if it is an average home you will need to get showings. The name is just a name without the skill of the agent :)

I am a stager so people get my staging for free some people don't need much staging but most people do. Interview three agents and see what is best for you !!! Good luck I hope it sells quickly and easily !!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 22, 2012
I think that they both are good agencies but they are franchises. Most of the time, the agents have to split the cost of their advertisement or pay for it themselves. I think that your best bet is to go with a smaller agency that really spends their marketing dollars marketing your home and not their agents. I work for an agency where we all work together to sell the homes that our company has listed. We are a team and everyone is very aware of the properties that we have listed. We have a real person that answers the phone and books showings and that makes a huge difference. We understand our different listings and spend a great amount of time educating eachother on the attributes of each home. I would highly recommend you working with a smaller agency and pick a realtor that you feel a connection with. If you don't feel good from the start, follow your gut! It is not wrong.
If you would like any further information, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Thanks Diana Pinkham
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 22, 2012
You have to trust and believe in your Realtor. Remember you'll be working with them for 6-11 months potentially- not the office name or broker. Make sure your agent had experience and tells you how they will market your home. I worked for Keller Williams for 7 years and agents are individuals who make decisions without Brokers advise - usually agents are pros- but they pay a their own marketing expense- Century 21 might have an office budget- but not necessarily Good luck!
Terry,

I'd consider Re/Max the agent your dealing with will beable to make all decisions without having to ask an office manager.

And like others below have stated it is the agent that is important and their track record. Years in business, list to sales price ratio, days on market, advertising and yes fee. These should all be important to you.

Louis
I use Rush as they profit the least compared to other realtor's
I agree with the comment below, they are both franchises (I used to be a C21) but it is ultimately the agent that you hire that is more important and not so much the franchise. The agent is the person you will be in constant contact with so it is crucial you feel comfortable with the agent (his/her experience & attitude) and make sure you have the same goals in mind and that is to sell your house to maximize the hard equity you have worked hard to earn. You can also do, if you haven't signed a listing agreement yet, some "comparative shopping" and talk to an independent real estate firm and see what you feel and think.
Web Reference: http://www.wenrealty.com
Terry..where is your home located?
Diana Pinkham
Base your decision on the possible listing agents. Both of those companies are very good. (They're actually franchises, but that's OK. Good name recognition for both.) What'll make the difference isn't the franchisor, but rather the experience and knowledge of the individual agent.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA