kcraft, Home Seller in 70447

Keller Williams vs. Coldwell Banker

Asked by kcraft, 70447 Tue Nov 19, 2013

Which is better?

Both firms offer high visibility in the West St Tammany market. You will want to interview agents - even those within the same office will have different specialities and areas of expertise. I am with KW (7 years now) yet I service buyers only while my partner handles listings.
Ask your friends in the area who they recommend. ask your insurance agent too. Visit each agent's website to see if they use a standard template or have put forth the effort to differentiate themselves and their listings.Are they well versed in the effects of the Biggert-Waters Act as it pertains to flood insurance and the marketability of your home? If you're staying local and need an agent to help with relocating, do your personalities mesh well or will this agent get on your last nerve - you could be spending a lot of time together!

If you'd like to give Team Geaux a shot, please don't hesitate to contact us!
It's not about the brokerage firm, it's more about the AGENT. Every agent is different. Just because they have their license hanging with one brokerage firm or another, doesn't mean they'll be better or worse than the next person.

And FYI -- KW & CB tend to be good "training" grounds for new agents. But that's whole other issue.

If you are considering selling your home, I would talk to friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, etc. and see who they recommend. Everyone knows a Realtor. I would interview at least 3 and then decide who would be the best fit, and also offer the best marketing plan for your home.

P.S. I'm a relatively "new" agent (5+ years) and I started out with Coldwell Banker. I'm now independent under the "Metro Broker" franchise. But I come across plenty of "experienced" agents at the "Big 3" companies -- RE/MAX, Coldwell Banker & Keller Williams -- and I'm SHOCKED to see they don't know how to write a contract, or miss deadlines for their clients causing deals to fall through.

Again...it's not about brokerage names or even years of experience. It's about whether that person will do a good job for you and get your home sold for top dollar, and with minimal headaches.
KW more innovative and technology advanced! Of course, I'm a KW agent so I'm a bit biased :) I would probably put more weight though on the agent than the company. Make sure you get a thorough understanding of what services they will be providing just to manage everyone's expectation. Good luck.