Home Selling in Lubbock>Question Details

Ejlach, Home Seller in Lubbock, TX

Just purchased a new construction home 4 5months ago, have to move asap husband has a business opportunity out of state. I need to sell my house now

Asked by Ejlach, Lubbock, TX Fri May 21, 2010

and pay as little as possible. Working with realtor but i think our house is too new to be competitive what should we do to get it sold and out of debt.

Answers

4
Wendy Jones Team’s answer
It sounds like you first need to know the market value of your home, contact a real estate professional to do a market evaluation we do that at no charge to you, this will help you put together a plan to be able to more forward. The lubbock rental market is very strong right now so that could be an option but getting with a professional to determine where you are is a first step.
Wendy jones
Keller Williams Realty, Lubbock
806-928-9463
What Subdivision are you in, some areas are performing better than others. Even though your home is just four to five months old, it is now pre-owned and you will do well to get 95% of the price on a same plan brand new and never lived in. Unless you have a very special and unique home, you will need to be aggressive on getting the property sold.

Whatever area your home is in, you are going to need to find a good agent who will advise you properly so you don't end up carrying a vacant home after you leave.

Your question is difficult to answer without a lot more information and actually viewing the property..

You can always put up a for sale by owner sign and offer to work with agents and pay them 3% as some will sell a home that isn't listed.. I personally usually avoid for sale by owners as I have been burned a few times.
Call or email me. I'd like to get the address and information about the home. 806.577.5595 or dougduncan@kw.com

Doug Duncan
Would you husband's new employer be willing to offer him a buyout? Can you rent it for at least your mortgage amount?

Naima
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 22, 2010