Karflan, Home Buyer in Plano, TX

It seems that listings in Plano, TX are down. Good time to list our house for sale or wait for spring?

Asked by Karflan, Plano, TX Tue Sep 13, 2011

Answers

22
Hi Karflan...

Just noticed this question from last fall, you received some great advice and information from my fellow Real Estate Professionals and wanted to say that if you haven't listed your home yet, now would be a great time to put it on the market.

If I can assist you please let me know, my contact information is below.

Sandy

Sandy Setliff
REALTOR
JP & Associates REALTORS
Exceeding Expectations
http://www.sandysetliffhomes.com
Direct 214-620-1615
sandysetliffhomes@gmail.com
If you list now, the buyer pool may be smaller, but at this time of year there are fewer tire
kickers. People looking now tend to be more serious buyers.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 28, 2011
Hello Karflan,

Plano real estate market is booming mainly because many companies are relocating in the area. From Toyota to State Farms and many other large corporations.

Is it a good time to list your home? Yes it is because the market is excellent. We can assist you with all your questions. Come to our office located at 2070 W Spring Creek Pkwy Plano, TX 75023 (Corner of Springcreek and Custer) or Call 972-517-3480
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 6, 2014
Depends on the particular seller's needs.
I agree! There are still a lot of buyers looking AND buying! My group has buyers looking daily for homes, the demand for homes in Plano is still high! We would love the opportunity to meet with you and tell you how our group gets houses SOLD!

You can reach me at 214.207.1159.

I look forward to working with you,

Cheryl Brewster
The Donnell Group
Ebby Halliday REALTORS
214.207.1159
Inventory is STILL low--

If you would like updated numbers of what is going on in your community, as well as how long they are staying on the market (if you have not yet sold your home) feel free to contact me if still considering a move.

-Amy S. Arey, Realtor
Halo Group Realty, LLC
214.901.1341-Cell
http://www.aarey.HaloAgent.com
http://www.MckinneyRealEstateInfo.com
Hello Karflan,

We are definitely approaching the best months to put your house on the market. Typically the summer months will bring you the best offers because there are more people looking thus creating more of a buying frenzy. There are also more multiple offer situations in the summer which will almost always bring you more money.

Let me know if I can help

JToddrealty@gmail.com

Check out my website that your property would be marketed on.
Web Reference: http://ToddHomesForSale.com
Our listings are down right now. NOW (April 2014) is a great time to list your home in the DFW area--no doubt!
Buy/Sell through me and I'll Move you for FREE*!!!

Are you still in the market to find property I would be happy to answer any questions you might have at this time directly. Call/text or emaill any questions you might have.

James Suhr "Exceeding Expectations"
Suhrperiorrealty@gmail.com
http://www.suhrperiorrealty.com
8173601646

*some restrictions apply, Contact me for details*
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
For everyone out there, now remains a great time to sell! I listed a home in McKinney this past Wednesday morning and we received four offers by Thursday evening and went under contract yesterday morning! Stage it and price it within the market and it will most likely sell rather fast. But, you need an experienced, professional agent to guide you! Ph: 214-872-0400.
It is DEFINITELY a great time to list your house. The homes in Plano that I have seen have had waiting lines at the door for agents trying to get clients in. 1 year ago we never thought the market would rebound like this. The interest rates and inventory of homes are extremely low!

The best way to capture this market is to make sure your home shows well, is clean and decluttered. I would be more than happy to tour your home and help you make sure when it hits the market you get sold fast. Email or call with your address and I can send you a market analysis of where you may be likely to price in this market.

Check out my recommendations on Trulia and Linkdin. I treat all my clients like family.

Have a great day!

Renee Toton
469-556-7054
Renee@TotonDevelopment.com
TotonSells.com
The market is changing and inventory is low. It is a great time to list your house to sell. Invite a Real Estate Consultant to come by and give you an opinion as to your selling potential. As I am looking for houses to sell since they are going fast, give me a call so that you can know exactly where you are in the market.

Kathy Hines/ Broker
Keller Williams Dallas Preston
972-632-6530
Seemingly down, but some homes have been taken off to give a bit of rest from the market. The spring season tends to bring out the more serious buyers and if the house is priced right to sell, I can sell rather quickly given certain conditions, internally and externally. So that you can be best informed, speak with a specialist who can give an overview as to Market Stats.

Kathy Hines
Specialty Sales
Keller Williams Dallas Preston
972-632-6530
Karflan,

I think you you have to consider the home and you living situation before you decide when to sell. If the home is vacant, then of course now would be an excellent time to put the house on the market. However, if you have children and family to consider and the spending the upcoming holiday time uninterrupted is important to you then I would definitely wait until it gets closer to the spring. More around February... get a ahead start on the spring season.

Ashley Purvis, ABR, SFR
Purvis Realty Group
Frisco, Texas
214-868-2584
I think now is a great time to list as we are seeing lots of serious first time buyers and relocations moving to this area in our office, and we have a shortage of homes to view with our clients, Make sure your home is priced correctly staged well and well maintained, feel free to contact me I would be happy to come and pre view your home and give you a current market appraisal opinion.
During the winter months there are generally less homes on the market which means less compition for you if you choose to list your home. Also consider that after October 1, 2011 relocation season for 4th quarter has begun. You need to be listed in the MLS no later than January 1, 2012. You will see the most amount of home searches on Realtor.com in January of every year. This is true for Plano as it is within a short commute of North Dallas & Downtown Dallas where many of the international corporations are based.

I received our Netreis Activity Report (MLS) for September 2011 this week which covers all of the Dallas Metroplex. In respect of Plano the # of home sales are up 3% on same time last year, with the average sales price also up 3% to $271,141. The average days on market at all price points within Plano is 76 days.

In my experience homes priced within the $150,000 to $270,000 that are "move in ready" and staged well in Plano are selling within 60 days.

Nick Walton Realtor®
Keller Williams Realty Frisco Star
469-556-2393
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 15, 2011
In today's market statistically I am not seeing a right or wrong time/season to list a home. It seems though from Fall to Winter folks are concentrating more on the holidays and less on selling/buying homes. In my neck of the woods historically there has a boom of houses for sale beginning in March, the listings seemingly appear over night and all at one time. I hope to eventually see a more balanced market where agents and sellers break the cycle of listing homes only in the warmer months of the year. The RE market has changed and we should change with it. Good luck!
You can check out all the latest real estate statistics in Plano at
the link below.

Listings are down slightly but also with sales down slightly. This is also a reflection of the time of year.
The market usually slows in the Fall.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Get a good Realtor and price it right. Keep in mind your carrying costs could "eat away" the potential premium a spring sale could bring.
Some areas sell faster than others, regardless of time of year. I'd suggest looking at historical data for your neighborhood to see what's typical.

Andrea Brooks
Keller Williams
469-450-1326
Web Reference: http://www.brooksteam.com
If you list now you most likely will have less competition from other sellers but you may have less buyers looking too because typically most people buy in the Spring/Summer. Traditionally the real estate market is hottest in Spring/Summer.
Whenever you put your home on the market, be sure it is priced right and shows well.
Hi Karflan,

It's typical of the housing market that there are fewer homes listed during the fall and winter months, which usually equates to a great time for sellers to attract more buyers because there is less competition.

According to year-to-date reports, the average days on market for Plano listings in 2011 is 77 days, and the average sold price is $268,720. As of the time of this posting, there are 1,085 single family homes for sale in Plano. An effective marketing program is key to selling in today's market.

Statistics for your neighborhood, as opposed to the entire city, might be helpful in your decision. Please let me know if I can provide you with more information, or a market analysis. If you're available to meet one day, I'd love to show you the many services I provide, including my highly effective marketing plan. I specialize in the Plano-Frisco area and am here to help you.

Have a great evening, and thanks for reaching out. I hope to speak with you soon.

Lisa Birdsong
214.394.3314