Ester, Both Buyer and Seller in 94595

Is winter a good season for selling a home in Rossmoor? Is there a "best" season?

Asked by Ester, 94595 Fri Nov 19, 2010

Answers

9
Hi Ester,
Home selling in Rossmoor is really a year round event. There are reasons why people need to buy and those reasons happen throughout the year. I think speaking one to one with a realtor in the area will help you decide the best options for your particular situation. Please keep in mind, that you will be benefiting from the slow market if you decide to purchase and that is where you may find the best savings and value.
Please contact one of us to get more indepth information so you can make the best decision.
Suzanne Looker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 21, 2010
Hi Ester I am not particularly familiar with your area or with California, as I work in Illinois, but just comparing
the larger Chicagoland area to California, I think because of the weather being so much more stable there should not really be one particular so much better time to sell!

Remember that it is much more important to consider your needs as a Seller and buyer.... and that a well
priced, well prepared and well staged home will sell faster... So connect with an area experienced Realtor
listen to the advice for your area, and do not forget, you cannot sell your home if it is not on the market,
and if you sell in the so to speak "high season" for selling if there is one, then you are competing with many more homes.... so may be the lower season might be a better time for YOU.... think about it.
Good Luck to you!
Sincerely yours,
Edith Your Chicago Connection & YourRealtor4Life!
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 20, 2010
Hello Ester,
In checking our MLS for the past 3 years and running some graphs, it is apparent that the highest periods of pending sales are in the second quarter of the year(March-May). That is really not unique to Rossmoor, however that is how the numbers come out there. I think it's important to understand that people that want to move to Rossmoor don't typically wait until any certain time of the year. There are normally less homes on the market at the end of the year through the holidays, so there is less competition in the market place. I'd be happy to share any of these charts with you and if you'd like to email me, or we could schedule an appt to sit down and discuss all the possibilities too, if you like. Email or call me for further information. Thanks.

Marilyn Cunningham, Broker
Executive Brokers
info@marilyncunningham.com
925-200-0413
Hello Ester-

Spring is known for the "best time" to sell, I think anytime is good - the serious buyers are out year round. As another Realtor mentioned, Rossmoor is a great place to live and I know for fact many buyers inquire about Rossmoor year round. I would be happy to help in anyway, you can contact me at 925-408-4811.
Historically the best prices are obtained in May, June, and July.
Rossmoor is a such a wonderful place to live. Families wanting to move to Rossmoor are looking all year! If you plan on selling in December, make sure you don't have a lot of Christmas or personal stuff in sight. People want to imagine your home with them living in.

If you are looking to qualify for a new home and want to know all your loan options, please call me (661) 255-3335. Absolutely no obligation!

I can refer an excellent, trustworthy Realtor in your area. Let me know how I can help you.

Cheryl Garner, Mortgage Expert
Fairview Mortgage Capital, Inc.
Email: cheryl@cherylgarner.com
Web Reference: http://www.cherylgarner.com
Hello Ester,

Typically, Summer is best time and Winter is the worst time. However, in these times...if you dont have to sell..you should hold on to your home.
I assume you mean "best time" in terms of getting a fast sale at the highest price in any one year.

In most cities in Contra Costa county, the seasonal graphs for the last 15 years for sales and price activity will show that December and January are the worst times to sell, and consequently the best times to buy.
Hello Ester,

Any time of the year is a good time to sell. People do move year round. One thing positive about selling in winter, is when buyers are coming to look at your home in the winter, they are usually serious; not just out looking because they are checking out paint colors and decor. If you are considering a sell, we would love to talk with you and answer all your questions. Happy Holidays!

Karen Martiin
Better Homes and Gardens, Mason McDuffie Real Estate
925-550-1999