Home Selling in Springfield>Question Details

Bethany Mira…, Home Seller in Springfield, VA

Is this site only for agents to list property?

Asked by Bethany Miracle, Springfield, VA Thu Feb 14, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3109053223-7415-Jervis-St-Spr…

Answers

6
This site in addition to MLS listed properties is also a great place to get questions answered by professionals in the real estate field.
I would disagree with some about selling on your own. If you put the right price on your property and get enough word out, you can sell it on your own. Most people who sell on their own run into issues w buyers, whether they are prequalified or not or whether they are just curious. If you're willing to pay a buyers agent 3% commission I would be happy to see that your buyers are prequalified BEFORE entering your home.

Misty Mount
Long and Foster Realtors
540 903 6686
Misty.Mount@LongandFoster.com
Forgot to lay out the different listing agreements.
Exclusive agency vs. the more typical, exclusive right to sell listing agreement. Exclusive right to sell means even if your brother buys the house you owe a commission. Another strategy is to put exceptions on the listing if you have a few people that expressed interest in the home and those specific named buyers are excluded from the listing for the first month of the listing period.
Check into doing an exclusive agency agreement if agency law in VA allows it. That means you only pay a commission if the buyer comes through with an agent. That way you do get into the local MLS, but if you come up with the buyer outside of the listing agreement, you dont owe a commission. Most agents do not want to waste the time on that type of listing because then that agent is competing with the seller for same buyers. Also any buyer wont let you keep all the commission savings from being FSBO, so whatever you think your saving, cut it in half because most sellers pay a commission and the buyer will want a piece of your commission savings.

If you like my answer, thumbs up and best answer me thanks!
Hi Bethany,

Yes. Trulia pulls listings from the MLS. Trulia does not post For Sale By Owner properties.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
The public sites such as redfin, zillow, and trulia pick up listings from the MLS but I know some of them will let FSBO's list them as well. You will definitely have an easier time selling with the use of an agent. Please email me at khannacpa@yahoo.com or call me at 703-625-6731 to discuss if you would like more information.
Hi Bethany, agents don't usually list their property directly on Trulia. They list in the MLS, then it automatically uploads to Trulia. If you're interested in listing your townhouse for sale, I'd give you excellent and great value service. Give me call or email: jonathan.brown.realtor@gmail.com 202-591-6837 http://www.66realty.com